Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Medium & Low Fire Brick Data

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    I thought it referred to the wear duty of the brick, light duty is a soft brick, medium duty is a medium duty brick, and high duty is a hard brick capable of taking some punishment.
    WRONG, light duty is in the 18-20% alumina range, med.duty is 20-35% alumina, and high duty is in the 42% and upwards range. The duty is not related to wear factors at all. All of these bricks are dense bricks, the light weight bricks are insulation bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      The higher duty bricks are capable of withstanding greater thermal shock. In the case of a WFO the temp reached is not particularly high, but the rate of increase is. It is this fast temp rise that does the damage.
      Actually insulation bricks have the greatest thermal shock resitance..The temperature we cook at is at the bottom end of the range for fire bricks, they are fired at 1350c, so 350c is nothing to them.

Comment

looks like i'll be getting some 12x12 high duties!
        I would be most interested in finding out how a high-duty floor brick will perform along with a low-duty dome brick, much as a soapstone floor might with a firebrick dome.

Comment

from looking at the turtlerockheat webpage, i'm pretty sure that's how he builds them. there is a large oven he built near ashevile i'm hoping to go check out.

Comment

So in my area I can really only find one supplier of firebrick. I asked them for a spec/data sheet and they didn't have one so I called the manufacturer and received one by email in a few minutes. The contents percentages are different so can someone tell me what they think about it. I am attaching a picture of the percentages below.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Nate
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...two-21068.html

Comment

Are firebricks foodsafe for direct contact with breads and pizzas?

Comment

Originally posted by mfeldman View Post
                Are firebricks foodsafe for direct contact with breads and pizzas?
                Yes................
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I've been using them in my home oven for years to bake breads and pizzas. Nice to know I have not been harming myself.

Comment

Just as long as they are not second hand from some chemical company.....
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X