Brick Saw Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brick Saw Wanted

Ended up using the stick method when necessary...but towards the top they were cut real close and tight.

The door is from an old wood stove.

Comment

I've been reading this thread with interest. I just got hold of 210 bricks for free that were salvaged from a fireplace demolition. They are off white, 8" x 5" x 3 11/16". They weight 9lbs each. I'm wondering if they are firebricks or not. They certainly look like firebricks but the colour and size has me confused. Perhaps the size is different here in Canada??

Any ideas how I can test to be certain! I do have a fireplace at home where I could fire one up for a couple of hours and see how it does.

Comment

They sound like fire bricks...Do you have a picture?

Comment

If they came from the firebox of the fireplace that was demolished, good bet they are firebricks. Bricks come in all sorts of strange sizes, I wouldn't worry about that.

Sounds to me like you made a NICE score!
          Ken H. - Kentucky
          42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
          Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I cut everything I need (cement, firebrick) wiht a circular saw and two different type of blades. The Cement was cut using a diamond blade (about $15 @ Home Depot) and the fire brick with a $3 balde made of grit materials advertised for cutting cement. The grit blade went through fire brick without clogging up, while th ediamond blade would seem to clog up after a few cuts. I have but did not use a wet tile saw. That I did use for cutting the natural stone veneer to mortar onto th exterior.

Comment

I cut everything I need (cement, firebrick) with a circular saw and two different type of blades. The Cement was cut using a diamond blade (about $15 @ Home Depot) and the fire brick with a $3 balde made of grit materials advertised for cutting cement. The grit blade went through fire brick without clogging up, while the diamond blade would seem to clog up after a few cuts. I have but did not use a wet tile saw. That I did use for cutting the natural stone veneer to mortar onto the exterior.
              Last edited by dconnolly; 10-14-2011, 08:00 AM.

Comment

looks great....I love the base! Good job!

Comment

Working...
                X