Questions on installing facebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on installing facebrick

After building my oven and Argentine grill, I came across a good deal on surplus face bricks. I finished the oven and grill originally with stucco and would now like to add the face bricks. My question pertains to using adhesive and grouting the joints, or just using mortar for the install. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Clancy,

What are the exact diminsions of the brick that you have found? Brick terms can get very confusing.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

The thin brick dimensions are 7 3/4"x 2 1/4"x 1/2"

Comment

Glue them in place with indoor/ outdoor thinset. Then, point them with regular mortar.. A little thought on laying out the courses before you begin will go a long way toward a great looking job . Also, flooring spacers help a bunch .
        Last edited by Gulf; 06-27-2017, 08:37 PM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

^^^ thats how I installed my stone facing. Thinset with a notched trowel. Fortunately, I didn't have to do the pointing. That's kind of a pain to get it right.
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Deejayoh is right. But, with a couple of tips on mortar consistency, technique, and a few more on keeping the face of the brick clean, you will be a pro .

Comment

Working...
            X