Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors in Australia

Australia -Queensland Boyne Island
    I managed to get some Calcium Silicate Board from Pyrotek. Check them out at Pyrotek - Home Page. They have a heap of different materials. I decided on the calcium silicate board because it came in a large format (1.2mx1.28m x 38mm) and matched the duty pretty well. They have outlets around the world and were very helpful.
    Attached Files
    My Photo Album
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...adventure.html

Re: Vendors in Australia

I have just opened a refractory supply outlet in Melbourne. After 30 years working for others in the industry decided to give it a go. Can supply all your oven requirements. Bricks, castables, cal.sil. boards, mortars, ceramic fibre insulation, renders etc etc. Will give all forum members 10% discount. Give me a call on 03 9878 8884 or 0451 470 371. The company is called REFRACTORY SUPPLIES P/L and located in Nunawading.

Comment

Great to see you jumping on board John.
      I hope it all turns out fine for you.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm new on this forum but have possibly read every single thread on this ste. It's been very informative and have learnt a lot since I decided to put my Italian heritage to good use and build an oven. I also bought my fire bricks and refractory mortar from Field Furnace at Wetherill Park. Lee was very helpful and full of great advice. I am building my dome out of solid clay bricks and found a place in Merrylands called the Brick Pit, and they were a great help as well. They have both new and recycled bricks from $0.50 each.

I also sourced my Vermiculite from a LAF Group in Greenacre. $22.00 for 100 litre Bag.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I?m in the process of sourcing materials for my WFO in Adelaide, and found a company called Thermal Ceramics Australia, they were very helpful and had all the products and pricing on a emailed info sheet.
          10-14 Togood Avenue, Beverley
          SA 5009 Australia
          Tel + 61 (8) 8243 5300
          Fax: +61 (8) 8243 0571
          Email: thermal.australia@morganplc.com
          Thermal Ceramics

Russ

Russ

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.

Comment

Originally posted by cabsauv View Post
            Hi Guys,

I?m in the process of sourcing materials for my WFO in Adelaide, and found a company called Thermal Ceramics Australia, they were very helpful and had all the products and pricing on a emailed info sheet.
            10-14 Togood Avenue, Beverley
            SA 5009 Australia
            Tel + 61 (8) 8243 5300
            Fax: +61 (8) 8243 0571
            Email: thermal.australia@morganplc.com
            Thermal Ceramics

Russ
            How much per brick?

cheers

Comment

Hi Cabsauv,
              a local even though you're the other side of Adelaide to me. Welcome aboard.
              Thermal Ceramics are a great company to deal with, just around the corner from the old Clipsal Powerhouse. The lovelly lady (her name escapes me at present) is really swithched on BUT I don't think they have bricks. They used to years ago and when I bought my fire clay, superwool blanket and vermiculite, they were not making nor dealing with them. I also believe that they were not stocking fireclay, but that was over 2 years ago. I still have a 25kg bag remaining and you will only need less than a bag for a 40"Plompeii.

Cheers

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
              Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

It appears that they may see a market in us WFO enthusiasts. I spoke with a Fiona she said that they were importing them from China, cost AUD4.00 per brick. This compares to my recent price from Littlehampton at AUD6.00 (prime) and AUD3.00 (seconds). In regards to fireclay she did say that they weren?t going to be stocking it once current holding of approx 6 x 25kg was sold. See the attached materials list and prices from Thermal.

Russ

Russ

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.

Comment

Ah yes
                  Fiona, I remember her well, very pleasant to deal with and rather pleasing to the eye as well.
                  A very reputable company and would have no hesitations recommending them to anyone.
                  Be careful buying the Littlehampton firebricks as they can't/won't tell you what their composition is. They are made to withstand the open fireplaces heat more so than a WFO.
                  They sell far more of their 100mm fired solid clay pavers for ovens than anything else and at around 80c each is quite a saving. They are fired at 1200˚C so will withstand our oven temps without problems.

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                  Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Originally posted by cabsauv View Post
                    It appears that they may see a market in us WFO enthusiasts. I spoke with a Fiona she said that they were importing them from China, cost AUD4.00 per brick. This compares to my recent price from Littlehampton at AUD6.00 (prime) and AUD3.00 (seconds). In regards to fireclay she did say that they weren?t going to be stocking it once current holding of approx 6 x 25kg was sold. See the attached materials list and prices from Thermal.

Russ
                    Russ, I can supply from melbourne, 1st quality 40% alumina, 230x115x75
                    @ $3 each if you buy a full pallet [320] You may be able to share the load with a mate to build a second oven.

Comment

FREE TEMPERATURE GAUGE
                      As an incentive to all prospective customers, we will offer a free temp. gauge and sleeve to everyone that purchases materials for their WFO from us. Value is approx. $80. Only stipulation is they spend $500 or more. This is another great reason to shop with us.

Comment

Hi anyone know where to source materials in Canberra ACT

Comment

I can freight goods to the ACT. Failing that try Fields Furnaces in Sydney.

Comment

Hi dawngard and welcome aboard.
                            I have added you to my list of contributing forum member's list.
                            Obviously a person of few words (at present), but can you share with us, especially the 120 or so fellow Aussies on board, your plans or ideas for an oven?

Neill

PS What handle can we give you?
                            (4wd term for name).

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                            Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Thanks, have to talk my son in law into building it first, will contact you

Comment

Working...
                              X