Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

building the most compact pompeii brick oven:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turkey
    replied
    Re: building the most compact pompeii brick oven

you could use themalite blocks ontop of the metal and then the firebricks ? and the top could be almost any insulation but a couple of inches of vermicrete would help loads, infact you could probably go to town here as its vertical and the space constraints are often not so important vertically

but the original poster wanted to cook 2 pizzas and only hold heat for an hour so I would say this would suit his needs? at the end of the day this is a tool, so if it works for what you want then its good?

I know when I build one I wont be entering it into any beauty padgents like some of the works of art on here, I wish I was that skilled, but I think I will have to make for with function over form

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

No insulation on the top either. This can be added, but what can you do about the floor?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

No insulation under the floor, but a conductive metal support instead. Probably cooks three pizzas before having to refire.

Leave a comment:

• turkey
    replied

Here is quite a small oven, its not a pompeii but it cooks pizza ok by the looks of things.

Pizza Week! - Day 4: Brick Oven - The Food in my Beard

very thin and slightly longer to hold the ash, you could improve the chimney (ie make one) and insulate a bit, but it appears to work fine, and thats good enough for me

Leave a comment:

• dhrads
    replied

wow thats so great,

i was thinking if mine would ever work your designs give me lot of confidence i gues i need to work on a model right now.

thx for the link

Leave a comment:

• echopark
    replied

nice, dave!

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

I think my oven is one of the smallest around at 21" It does everything I need and having a party for 20 is easy when you learn how to manage it. Try looking at my website for some further explanation.
    Davehttp://www.davespizzaovens.com.au

Leave a comment:

• dhrads
    replied

thx echo for the quick response.

like i said in the previous post.i am thinking of reducing the mass and using smaller sized medium duty firebricks(to be cut don't know if its possible) and designing a compact oven.definitely not for more than 2 to 3 pizzas and thinking of some thing permanent.

basically a scaled down version of the larger Pompeii ovens.

i have decided to (experiment) build this will keep you updated.its sure going to take a long time since i am lazy and always on my comp

Leave a comment:

• echopark
    replied

look at the images of this temporary street oven (no mortar or insulation). The same design was used at a benefit event to cook 60 pizzas over a 3-hour period.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...reet-oven.html

Leave a comment:

• dhrads
    started a topic building the most compact pompeii brick oven:)

building the most compact pompeii brick oven:)

hey guys,

i am pretty much new to fornobravo.

i live in an apartment which holds some space behind my place.the build area i would say is 2:3 feet.now don't go laughing after i say that.i am thinking of a brick oven made really small.

tell me if there is a possibility.i got a sketch in mind taking into account the mass needed.this will be for making 2 pizzas at weekends and for holding the temperature for like and hour and that's all.

with that i leave it for you guys to debate.
Working...
X