just about to drop a clanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just about to drop a clanger

Oh, you might have wondered what the raised box (planter) is for on the right of the oven, I bought myself a prezzie....

Comment

now that is a well established tree, very nice in fact too nice, I think the wife would love an olive tree. In double fact she would probably make me scrap the pizza plan and just get her one of them if she say so lucky she is not interested in the forums I read.

You really are well under way, just looks like insulation to go, are you making bbaq to the side or just a prep area?

btw how big is your oven, as it looks pretty huge

Comment

Originally posted by turkey View Post
        now that is a well established tree, very nice in fact too nice, I think the wife would love an olive tree. In double fact she would probably make me scrap the pizza plan and just get her one of them if she say so lucky she is not interested in the forums I read.

You really are well under way, just looks like insulation to go, are you making bbaq to the side or just a prep area?

btw how big is your oven, as it looks pretty huge

Funny that, i'm glad my Mrs doesn't read the forums I look at either, I told her the olive was ?75 .... ok a little white lie...

Yes to a bbq to the very left and a prep area in between. The insulation was completed today along with the chimney. An inch of the Fondu went on as a screed followed by an insulation blanket held on with chicken wire, then a further one inch of Fondu over the top and then 2 inches of lime mortar. If that wont hold heat in I shall knock the lot down using a tooth pick and my wifes whitt...

Internal dimensions are 24x42 approx.

The frontal opening will be completed today and the stone work will continue up to roof height over the next few days and the fire up if I get a chance will be Sunday depending how the lime has set.....or not!

I hope to have the roof on by the end of next week and the bbq area completed by the following week...weather permitting.

The only issue I'm struggling with is casting concrete for a seating area, trying to get the colour right is a nightmare. I tried using snowcrete and it just crumbles or easily chipped and nothing in between. I was going to use stone, but the cost is far too much, ?1000 for a small seating area is "exractine urine" for the want of a better phrase!

You have got to get a move on....summer is getting closer......

Comment

Originally posted by Burning pizzas in Surrey View Post
          .......summer is getting closer......
          And you wouldnt want to miss that one day would you?

Is there anything you have to do to make the olives edible straight off the tree?
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
            And you wouldnt want to miss that one day would you?

Is there anything you have to do to make the olives edible straight off the tree?
            I doubt it, as I understand it they have to go in salt water or boiled first. Just a shame they can't produce a fosters tree.....now that would be worth planting....

Comment

Moved on well over the last few days. Chimney inner completed, just not sure about height. Will build up the sides first and the stone up to it and if needs be go higher before putting the roof on. The first small fire was lit this morning, after a few small ones I eill start to stoke it up and burn out all the wood inside..

Oh I forgot, with the door closed I can actually put the fire out, so good air tight seal. Need to trim the face bricks back a little more as can't quite open the door fully...grrrrr yup a clanger, I guess it had to happen.....lol
              Last edited by Burning pizzas in Surrey; 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X