X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building my Oven with a mix of plans

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Bmwdiver,
    Don't know what kind of mesh you are using, but I used to use fine chicken wire and found the best way was to cut it into small pieces overlapping one another. you can either wire the whole lot in or place the pieces as you go. The smaller pieces cope with the problem of working over a compound curve. I no longer use mesh, but use fibres instead now- much easier.
    Do you use a fiberglass cloth or simply fiberglass stucco over the insulation? I found a few other people that just stucco'd over the insulation but not enough to determine whether or not this is a good idea.

Brian

Comment

I'd consider 24" to be very tall, but it's only a few inches above a hemispherical 42" oven which many have built. Normally upright courses of any type go hand in hand with lower ovens, even if only slightly so. Thats part of why yours threw me for a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdiver View Post
        Do you use a fiberglass cloth or simply fiberglass stucco over the insulation? I found a few other people that just stucco'd over the insulation but not enough to determine whether or not this is a good idea.

Brian
        No I don't use fibreglass, I use plastic fibres that are designed for concrete reinforcing. Be careful with fibreglass reinforcing, it has to be an alkaline resistant type, called AR fibreglass.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Davds thanks for the advice, that’s what I’m going to do tomorrow, just hop down to the hardware store and get the additive.

shuboyje: The reason is that i did not build it like the traditional hemispherical, I basically built a spherical dome and placed it atop a sailor course. The sailor course is mostly taking up by the used brick surround the idea was that it would look like a round dome atop a used brick base. At least that is what has been stuck in my head since I started, well see how it turns out.

Brian

Comment

Well I finally finished my oven and cooked my first pizza. Oven worked great, my pizza making skills on the other hand needs some work, But that is a discussion for a different post. Thank you all for the help.

Comment

The oven looks like it's working nicely, and the whole project looks great!

Enjoy working on your pizza making skills.

Brian

Comment

Complimenti, buon lavoro bmw quando hai completato il forno??

Comment

Working...
                X