Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your Vent Landing length?

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
    Verrry nice and clean oven, David. I really like the broken mosaic decorative border.

What are the dimensions of your oven and door? I had originally designed my 1m oven to accommodate a 21.5"w door (11 3/4"h) but checkened out and reduced it to 20". I'm not sure there is data that supports wider than the FB standard 20", but I guess yours is working fine? Any wind issues?
    John
    My oven internal diam is 21"
    Door 7"x 17"
    No wind problems, but it is sheltered from any wind.
    Dave
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Oh John I am sorry to hear that. If nothing else have a family member buy one on the way to the airport and bring it home (TSA will probably confiscate it anyway).

Gmchm: thanks for the input. I thought north would be good too but like you that will not work bc of layout/design and convenience. I will just have to move ahead with my plan of having the oven open to the east.

Nate
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...two-21068.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pompei Nate View Post
        So since we are on the topic of wind, tell me what you think. The wind in my area generally comes from a South/Southeast direction. I was thinking about putting my oven facing straight east and now considering the conversation I hope that would be the correct direction for air flow. Anybody have any advice?

Nate
        Because there is a hill and garage to the west of my oven and the house to the east I am not sure if there is a true direction to the wind. Sometimes the smoke from the chimney will come down around the oven, so is the wind blowing down?

Prevailing winds here are from the Northwest and my oven points Northeast. I get occasional puffs of smoke exiting the front but nothing major.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

Next question: The oven plans say that a 42" oven can have up to a 20" interior arch opening. But is there anything specifying a opening size for the outer arch? For example, if I want to build a 42" oven and have a 20" inner arch, is going out to a 36" outer arch too much? And would an opening that big cause a problem with air flow or anything like that?

Comment

If you have a wide oven mouth it allows better oven access and will radiate more heat out the door, if you also want to use it like a fireplace. The downside is that your oven will loose heat quicker and be more subject to "wind in the mouth". My own oven, being small had to have a relatively wide mouth. The internal width of the outer arch is 80% of the oven diam. A 36" mouth on a 42" oven would be 86%. I think you'll be fine. The extra heat coming out the door makes for pretty hot operation if you are standing in front of it for two hours (probably not good if you are running a pizzaria. On the other hand it's very nice to pull some chairs around and enjoy the fire. It is all horses for courses.
            Last edited by david s; 10-24-2011, 04:03 AM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks David for the input. I like the idea of heat coming out on the cold winter nights when we have sub zero temps (if i am brave enough to cook in those temps) but less heat loss is a good thing at the same time. I will have to spend some time thinking about which is more desirable. Thanks again!

Nate

Comment

Working...
              X