form for barrel type oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: form for barrel type oven

Hm...(your name is hard to type so I'm going to call you hm...no disrespect intended)...

First of all, "Pizzaiolo" is a ranking on this site basaed upon the number of posts a person has made. You start off as peasant I think...and you ultimately reach the level of Il Pizzaiolo. The guy you are corresponding with is "tscarbourough", or "Tom". In my opinion, there are two or three masonry experts who regularly post around here. Tom is one of those two or three guys. So he's defintely worth listening to. (I hear he's a terrible dancer though...so it all balances out in the end.)

As far as you not being able to search...I don't know what to say. There is a menu bar with a bunch of choices. "Search" is one of those choices. Click on that, and you should be able to type in a seach string such as "insulation thickness" and do a search. I know you already said you are not internet savvy, but you need to master that so you can mine this site for info.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, I was wondering how my name went from Serf to Pheasant! I will try searching the site the way you said. I am not use to these forums and yes I am not that great with the internet. I apologize to Tom also for calling him Pizziola, I thought that was his forum name. I found medium duty firebrick for $3 each, not cheap. I might do the cook floor with the medium duty and the dome with the low duty. Right now I am looking for an old welding table to build this oven on. I really don't want to get into all the heavy cinder blocks, etc. No luck so far but if worse comes to worse I will have to build something. Today I am going to look for the ceramic blanket on line. Thanks again...Maddy

Comment

type in "perlite" into the search box at the top of the page and you will have an evenings worth of reading.
        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Low duty are all you need, so long as they are not insulating firebrick. Here is the build thread for my barrel vault:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/begun-8852.html

And here is a direct link to the pictures with very little explanations:

Outdoor Kitchen

I can't remember the size, maybe 20" wide x 32" deep. It is not quite wide enough though when I am cooking 16" pizzas with a fire on the side. Personally, I would not build a barrel vault, I would build a rectangular low dome about 32" wide x 36" deep with a 14.5" ceiling and 9x18 door.

Comment

Beautiful pictures Tscarborough, may I ask why you would build a rectangle oven instead of a vault? My oven is not going to be covered like yours because I need to build this oven in the easiest way possible. Would the heat circulate the same way in a rectangular oven as it would in a vault style? Did you use medium or low duty firebrick for your oven? Keep up the good work and thanks so much for the info...Maddy

Comment

Working...
            X