X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubb
    replied
    Re: Well here goes nothing

Hubert_s I'm going to stay at the size base I have now. I was hoping to get a little more feed back but I understand we are dealing with some huge time laps. At this point I don't have the time to change my foundation size before the pour in the morning. I could if need be when I get the answer I need make a overhang on the top to get it bigger? Ill just pour a 4" thick top and over hang the block base what is needed? But I would like to hear form the site guys what is right in the instructions I down loaded.?? And see there is a change for anybody behind me that doesn't get caught as I did?

Leave a comment:

• hubert_s
    replied

There is a discrepancy both for the 36" and the 42" oven for the foundation size and block base size between page 13 and page 66/67. I think the corner oven installation drawings on page 17/18 are also a bit off for a Pompeii.

I do not know if it is ok to put the block base right up against the edge of the foundation or whether the blocks have to be inset by 4" or more and I have not really read the instructions too closely.

If you can live with a slightly smaller oven in the worst case, just pour the concrete. Otherwise, wait for expert advice...

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

Well if your saying total I need 65" I have 75"
    So I should end with 4" on each side! Then the
    Specs on page 66 need changed I think?!?

Leave a comment:

• hubert_s
    replied

Bubb,

a 42" oven has an exterior width of 51" if you are using 9"x4 1/2" bricks. Add 4" of insulation on either side and you are up to 59". If you are building an enclosure, you can use 2 1/2" studs adding another 5", and 1/2" durock on both sides for another 1", so you need a total of 65". I think you could go even smaller if you count the cavity in the stud wall as insulation space.

The depth requirement depends on what you want to do for your vent and oven landing. I think your foundation is big enough, but it could not hurt to draw a sketch to double-check.

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

Okay Im freaking out a little. I think I might of found a typo in your instructions. I'm coming up to speed on this after the fact of making my pergola patio. So in hast I made a foundation for a 42" oven Per Foundation spec on page 13, for a 42"oven foundation size 73"x86" Done ready for concrete on Saturday. Here I sit tonight reading up on what my next course of action will be and reading ahead. Fast forward to page 66 Material list for a 42" oven and here I see a 80"x94" foundation???? Well please make a call on this for me??? I got tomorrow night to get it right! Am I good or do I need to strip forms and enlarge my pad?

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied

Originally posted by Bubb View Post
    I'm in Dover Pa. There isn't a lot of Bubb's
    Around. My dad is a tv pastor on Sunday
    Mornings on dish network. Pastor Charlie Bubb
    Of The Praise Center. He might retire this year
    He is 71 I think. What was the fellas first name?
    You may be related to him, perhaps. I think his name was Don. Everyone just called him Bubb. And he lived and worked near York, which as you know, is right near Dover, before he retired awhile back. Like you said, not a real common name.
    Last edited by NCMan; 05-29-2014, 05:25 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• hodgey1
    replied

Originally posted by Bubb View Post
    But really glad I got this forum
    To bounce questions off. Going to be a fun
    Project.
    Bubb
    The forum is loaded with people that are knowledgable and willing to help, I could not have built mine without all the help I've gotten from here. Enjoy your build it is fun.

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

I'm in Dover Pa. There isn't a lot of Bubb's
    Around. My dad is a tv pastor on Sunday
    Mornings on dish network. Pastor Charlie Bubb
    Of The Praise Center. He might retire this year
    He is 71 I think. What was the fellas first name?

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied

Hi there, Bubb. What part of Pa. are you located? I used to know a fellow by that name up there.

Leave a comment:

• ncsmoker
    replied

One other thing that is helpful is to sink rebar into the 4 corners of the base where the concrete blocks go. Good way to anchor it all together. I believe the e-book covers it.

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

Yeap I always grab it with a tooth of a rake
    Pull it up into concrete. I'm pretty sure I'll be
    Okay until I get to base. I got more reading to
    Do tonight. But really glad I got this forum
    To bounce questions off. Going to be a fun
    Project.

Leave a comment:

• ncsmoker
    replied

Looks good.
    When you pour, try to get the rebar somewhere in the middle of the concrete. I lifted mine up with some pieces of brick.

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bubb
    replied

Yes I did tamp the dirt and plane on a little
    More stone tonight. Pad is about 6" so I'll
    add some more to get right at 5 1/2". If I
    Can pour Saturday I'll have base laid up and
    Shelf framed by weeks end.

Leave a comment:

• ncsmoker
    replied

Looks good. Don't forget to tamp dirt and stone.
    I chose not to drystack, but in going through a lot of blogs, it's pretty common, and would certainly save time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X