• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidApp
    replied
    Hello JRPizza

I have a 36" oven.
    My stand is 59" wide and 63" from front to back. It is a bit tight, mainly front to back.

My inner arch is 19" by 12" and my vent is 21" by 13 1/2" and outside the vent columns is 37"

It has worked out well for me but I could have had more area outside the front of the oven.

David

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    I cleaned up the layout a little and corrected the vent width to provide door stop. Comments appreciated. I am framing my hearth and want to get my landing sized right.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Any comments on these dimensions would be appreciated. The layout is for a vent for a 36" oven. I think I have the inner arch dimensions correct - 19 inch opening and 4.5 thick. I show the inner arch width at the base @ 28" assuming these are half bricks sitting on edge. Is this correct? The vent area is shown at a similar 28 wide at base, but I didn't correctly space the opening to provide a lip for the door to stop against - is one inch about right for this dimension? If yes I would open the vent outer dimension to 30". I am showing the depth of the vent to be 1.5 bricks long (~13.5) with 3 inches deep for decorative arch. I'll update the sketch with the enlarged vent opening and any other suggestions I get and repost.

Thanks - John

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    You might want to make the front of the stand a little wider. I think I was at 32.5" and that was barely enough.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    70"x70" will be good. I did that same size for my 40". I was feeling a little cramped when I did my vent. So make sure that you are very careful when you lay everything out as space runs out faster than you would think, but I made it all work just fine and could have moved back a little if I had thought about it.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Well, I went ahead and poured the cores in my 70X70 stand, so the question on stand size is moot!

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    started a topic Hearth size

Hearth size

Totally stuck on hearth size, and forum problems are keeping me from looking at some images that I think might help me. I have laid out a 70X70 corner base, but space is at a premium so would like to shorten to a 62.5X62.5. I have a sketch but am not sure about how much room the vent/landing need. I am showing 4.5 + 13 for vent/landing - will I have enough room to build a 36" igloo? Let me know what you think or if you need more information to help me out.
    Thanks - John
Working...
X