Need advice on making an indoor kitchem oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice on making an indoor kitchem oven

How did your oven work out? I'm installing now and am a bit concerned about the heat output.. I live in MA on the coast... fairly cool most of the year. Frankly , I wouldn't mind having my windows open in January! Any smoke issues?
    Kat

Comment

I have owned an indoor wood oven, and enjoyed it hugely. If you take care to properly insulate your oven (following the FB installation guides), you will feel no heat output -- other than through the oven opening. A well-designed wood oven vents extremely well, and puts out a lot less smoke than a fireplace.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks James... sort of did a last minute "OMG what have I done!" thing! The issue of the mortar has been resolved.. just took it's time hardening due to the cooler indoor temp (57-67) and humidity level here on the coast...which is a good thing. Whew! Hard as a rock now.Ready to spread 1/2 inch on the dome now. My 'chimney guy' buttered the vent piece to the dome.. told him not to..said he needed to level it.. this ok? There is one little section in the back that does not have the mortar between the pcs.
        Have you ever heard of chimney tech 2000? Used to shape chimney fire boxes in the flue. Has ceramic fiber and vermiculite .. at one and 1/2 inces it provides the inuslation of 4 inches of brick... Could I use this over the insulating blanket and under the stucco finish?? It is fairly lightweight when dry. Any suggestions out there?
        Kat
        Hope to have pics soon... trying to reduce the file size.

Comment

Have you ever heard of chimney tech 2000?
          Sounds like one of a million insulating castable refractory materials. Looks pretty pricey from a quick google search... What are you planning to do with it that you can't do with vermiculite concrete?
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

My chimney guy had it as I am not able to p/u the materials to mix myself. Came in a 5 gal. bucket... just add water in small batches. I wanted to use it over the blankets to further insulate and support my stucco (indoor oven install)

Comment

Exactly... you thinkin' whole hog???

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaJoy View Post
                Hi!
                My name is joy. I love this site! I really want my "new" aka, not yet even started still bare studs, kitchen. My boyfriend and I just purchased a house and it was without a kitchen, well it had the room that would be a kitchen... HA HA. We have a "back porch" which is actually just a 4x4(generous estimation) little hut looking thing. The architecture of our home is Spanish revival, just so you can try to picture it, I'll be posting photos soon. Anyway, there is a door that leads from our kitchen out to this little "porch". We want to eliminate that door and use the existing enclosure to try and build our oven in, partially outdoors, with the oven door being inside our kitchen. We were actually hoping we could do a mult. opening oven so we could cook indoors or out with the same oven two doors...however, it seems many of you argee that mult. opening ovens are not that efficient and I even don’t know if what we want to do is possible! Have any of you tried to do indoor ovens??? I was reading through the postings and it seems most are outdoors... I have the plans for the pompeii oven and its sounds perfect! I know we would use it at minimum 4 days a week!!! I really like that design because of the quick heat up time! I can fire it up when I get home while I getting everything ready and chopping veggies and shredding cheese OH IM SOO EXCITED!!!!! I would really appreciate some advice!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to get started!!!!!
                all high heat pizza ovens in Napoli are indoor? caution to be taken of combustible materials in proximity to oven , insulation is highly recommended and a good work area , local codes preceed all, good draw in chimnney , an open window in a small area is good for draw.

Comment

Working...
                X