Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Forno Bravo on Wednesday, what accessories do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpowers72
    replied
    Joey, I am not very talented working around the house can barley hammer a nail. So far I did all the work myself but today having a pro come out today and put the finishing coat on. Last night on my last day of curing I got the stove up to 900 and no cracks. I said lots of prayers this week hoping it would not fall apart. I would say falling the directions and using high heat mortar is the key. I made my own and so far has worked great.

Leave a comment:

• joeykramer
    replied
    cool! post some of the pics you took. curious to see inside.

Leave a comment:

• jpowers72
    replied
    I ended up just buying a chimney, anchor plate, and cap. Not to much of a show room at Fonro Bravo as its more a warehouse or manufacturing site of ovens. I did take everyone's advice and bought an IR thermometer , a small peel, a ash rake and shovel. The people at Forno Bravo were great. They gave me a tour of the site where they make their pizza ovens. Took pictures to help me finish making my oven.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Hey Utah yes I was going for the core tools that you need and the IR thermometer you are right you need at least 1000 F higher would be better as mine goes to 1022F and at start up it reads hi all the time. At 60 pizzas so far this year I am down to $100 a pizza now. I can't wait for the $20 pies. Let us know what you end up getting.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• davemartin88
    replied
    I have the Forno Bravo accessory set of tools and they are great- pricey but made for the job! If you decide not to get the whole set, the one that I wouldn't be without is the small turning peel. That tool really makes it easy to turn pizzas as they cook and it's a lot harder for me to do with a large peel.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Those are the core tools, maybe a infrared temperature gun ( I would look around and should go to at least the 1000 F range) and a metal bucket to remove ashes. I think my pizzas are down to the $20 buck a piece range based on my oven cost LOL. Once the SWMBO and your friends try a WFO pizza the cost of the oven will fade into the sunset................

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    You will need a peel to put the pizza or bread in and a turning peal, and a ash rake and shovel. I am sure others will chime in and give more ideas.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Going to Forno Bravo on Wednesday, what accessories do I need?

For Thanksgiving I am going to be close to enough to go to Forno Bravo ( Xmas is coming early for me). I am picking up my chimney pipe and accessories to build my vent as I am closing in on finishing my 35 - 37 inch ( depending where you measure) with a 10.5 inch opening Pompeii Oven. What other cooking accessories would you advise me to get? I have been so occupied building the oven and I just realized as I am close to be done that I have no idea how to make pizza, bread, or use an outdoor oven. If I do not use this oven after all the time and money I have spent I think she might finally come to her senses and divorce me! I want to make bread and pizza in my oven and possible some briskets and veggies. I appreciate any advice.
Working...
X