Announcement

Collapse

Forum Restore

If you’re a frequent visitor of the forum, you may have noticed that several new posts are missing from the past week. The team team was informed of an issue in the code and had to restore our forum to fix the issue. We thank you for continuing to be a part of the WFO community and enhancing the experiment of everyone in it.
See more
See less

Going to Forno Bravo on Wednesday, what accessories do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpowers72
    replied
    Joey, I am not very talented working around the house can barley hammer a nail. So far I did all the work myself but today having a pro come out today and put the finishing coat on. Last night on my last day of curing I got the stove up to 900 and no cracks. I said lots of prayers this week hoping it would not fall apart. I would say falling the directions and using high heat mortar is the key. I made my own and so far has worked great.

Leave a comment:

• joeykramer
    replied
    cool! post some of the pics you took. curious to see inside.

Leave a comment:

• jpowers72
    replied
    I ended up just buying a chimney, anchor plate, and cap. Not to much of a show room at Fonro Bravo as its more a warehouse or manufacturing site of ovens. I did take everyone's advice and bought an IR thermometer , a small peel, a ash rake and shovel. The people at Forno Bravo were great. They gave me a tour of the site where they make their pizza ovens. Took pictures to help me finish making my oven.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Hey Utah yes I was going for the core tools that you need and the IR thermometer you are right you need at least 1000 F higher would be better as mine goes to 1022F and at start up it reads hi all the time. At 60 pizzas so far this year I am down to $100 a pizza now. I can't wait for the $20 pies. Let us know what you end up getting.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• davemartin88
    replied
    I have the Forno Bravo accessory set of tools and they are great- pricey but made for the job! If you decide not to get the whole set, the one that I wouldn't be without is the small turning peel. That tool really makes it easy to turn pizzas as they cook and it's a lot harder for me to do with a large peel.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Those are the core tools, maybe a infrared temperature gun ( I would look around and should go to at least the 1000 F range) and a metal bucket to remove ashes. I think my pizzas are down to the $20 buck a piece range based on my oven cost LOL. Once the SWMBO and your friends try a WFO pizza the cost of the oven will fade into the sunset................

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    You will need a peel to put the pizza or bread in and a turning peal, and a ash rake and shovel. I am sure others will chime in and give more ideas.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Going to Forno Bravo on Wednesday, what accessories do I need?

For Thanksgiving I am going to be close to enough to go to Forno Bravo ( Xmas is coming early for me). I am picking up my chimney pipe and accessories to build my vent as I am closing in on finishing my 35 - 37 inch ( depending where you measure) with a 10.5 inch opening Pompeii Oven. What other cooking accessories would you advise me to get? I have been so occupied building the oven and I just realized as I am close to be done that I have no idea how to make pizza, bread, or use an outdoor oven. If I do not use this oven after all the time and money I have spent I think she might finally come to her senses and divorce me! I want to make bread and pizza in my oven and possible some briskets and veggies. I appreciate any advice.
Working...
X