Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texman
    replied
    Yes, all of your three options are viable. The chimney of firebrick will be the heaviest option. Are you considering an igloo type oven, enclosed(like mine) free standing enclosed, or other? You will need roughly a meter of height for your chimney to draw. But that height becomes widely variable depending on your design. Do you have any sketchs done to post? Pics of other ovens so we can know where you are headed?

Leave a comment:

• wood11
    replied
    texman, I assume you are inferring: either (1) steel pipe (2) steel pipe + house bricks as veneer (3) refractory bricks, no pipe. Is last option valid?
    The type I am building is a 1m wide, and about 0.4m tall, with opening less than 2/3 of the 0.4m. Still in design mode though.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Here are some other schools of thought regarding brick chimneys.

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...lled-stainless

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied
    You can use house brick for your flue veneer as long as you have at least a double wall insulated chimney pipe. Don't use house brick directly in contact with the heat of the fire or its' exhaust anywhere in the oven. most builders use normal brick for the chimneys, when the chimney is exposed. Depends on your oven stye. Which type are you planning?

Leave a comment:

• wood11
    started a topic Chimney spec

Chimney spec

I want to use bricks for the chimney. I have seen many photos of brick chimneys but am unsure if there is a steel flue inside.
    Is it acceptable to use normal house bricks?
Working...
X