Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castable Refractory Products (VT600)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The Flue Gallery was an issue as it kept leaking through the original seam joining it to the casting. After replacing it a few times and then getting enough insulation on top of it that seems to have stopped. I do notice some small cracks where it meets the brick so over time if may require digging out and replacing again Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9592.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	422130 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9602.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	422131 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9633.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	422132

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9876.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	422128 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9873.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	422127 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9874.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	422129

    Comment


    • #47
      And a few more of the Arch for any interested. I did take a grinder to the flue casting and smooth it down quite a bit.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9866.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	422135 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9997 (1).jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	422136 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	422137 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	422138

      Comment


      • #48
        Thanks for the updates Tom! I am curious how many bags of material did you end up needing for the casting?

        Comment


        • #49
          Next up was insulation, original plan was for just vermicrete but based on the space I had left on the slab I thought the ceramic blanket with a thinner layer of Vermicrete would be a better alternative. I got 100 foot role and then went to work wrapping, I used a roll of rebar tie wire to hold it in place. I tied it to a few screws that I simply drove into the vermicrete base layer below the Firebrick. Again I had an issue with a leak behind Flue gallery, I'm happy I fired the oven before completely covering it and I would recommend this. I pulled away the fire blanket and repaired this section. Then after replaced put the fire blanket back, finished with the chicken wire and added more vermicrete before testing the oven again. You can see I also used chicken wire over the tie wire, I just thought it would be easier to place the Vermicrete and I believe it was. The chicken wire was not easy, I spent days just bending and trimming the overlappting section, to get it flat, I did a lot of tucking under the seams with small needle nosed pliers and bdending over parts of it to get the overlapping sections how I wanted them (you might be able to see tis in the last photo.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	422141 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	422142 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	422143 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	422145 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0092.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	422146 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	422147
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #50
            Fired up the oven last fall with a number of small fires before trying to cook in it, I know I at least did fires on the 13th 15th 17th and 28th, suspect there were some in between 17th and 28th that I just didnt take pictures of as the 28th was the first attempt at cooking. Looking at the Oven you can see at some point this was when I also added the layers of Vermicrete over the blanket

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	422153 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	422154 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	422156 Click image for larger version

Name:	59398599340__8D351484-C48B-403A-9E96-3AF0CE7A01FF.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	422155 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	422157

            Comment


            • #51
              And the 28th was first day actually trying the oven. Ran out of time for putting a Stucco layer on it as you need 45 degrees for 48 hours and by then it was too cold.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	422162 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	422161 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	422160 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	422163 IT WORKS!!!! still having issues getting Pizza to cook right but we're getting there.
              Attached Files

              Comment

              Working...
              X