X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Flue damper

Comment

Stripping of the flue support and arch supports. 1st look inside at the brickwork

Comment

Insulation going on

Comment

Wow that is a serious oven!
            You have built a huge entrance, that will be a large piece of mass to heat up, did you insulate between the main oven and the entrance?
            What are the floor slabs made from?
            did you insulate around the chimney pipe?
            what type of insulation have you used on the outside of the oven?

Comment

Fox I used a 80mm+ layer of vermicrete and 2 layers of calcium board under the entire oven. I also used the calcium board as insulation between the oven arch and flue arch as a thermal break. Yes I wrapped the flue in insulation I also poured the flue support/arch buttress out of vermicrete. It’s a 42inch oven. The insulation on the outside is a fyrewrap made as is good for over 610 degrees c. It’s made with insulfrax which is calci, magnesia and silica. So mineral fibre. I did 2 layers. I will cover with vermicrete and render.

Comment

All sounds good then, great even!
                The outer insulation sounds interesting, I have not come across that before!
                what about the internal floor slabs, what are they made from?

Comment

The 1st slab is suspended concrete 32mpa 180mm thick sitting on bond deck supported by blockwork with 12mm and 16mm reinforcement. I then scrabbles the surface where the pizza oven sits and poured a 15mm high strength bed 70mpa and waterproofed this. That bed will keep the oven away from any moisture wicking in from the structural slab. I then topped that with 80 to 100mm of vermicrete. Then 2 x 30mm thick calcium silicate boards. I cut my fire brick tile 300x300 x 50mm to sit on that to the internal floor space of the oven. I ran a sailor course to support the dome directly on the board also. I’m hoping I’ve insulated well enough so the dome area heats up quick and holds heat for a long time. Going to build a door out of some left over calcium silicate board I’m thinking.

Comment

All messed up ready for vermicrete

Comment

Vermicrete on now to let it cure for a few weeks....
                      Then I can do the 1st firings.
                      Then render and waterproof membrane.

Comment

Working...
                      X