Thermometer type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermometer type

I知 at the stage of my build working on the flue entrance area. Before I make it harder I知 wondering what people use for temp readings, digital gun type you hold and point in the oven or a built in type with a probe inside the oven?
    what are the pros and cons of each method and correct way of installing and taking readings ETC....?

I have one of the digital laser thermometers, but I'm using it less and less. Having the dome clear of soot seems to be a perfectly good (and free) indicator that the oven is hot and ready to go. I fire the oven up about two hours before showtime and it's always ready on time.
    My build thread: https://tinyurl.com/y8bx7hbd

Comment

I was wondering whether that would be the case. I guess if I had one initially I could get an idea of how effective my build is at getting to heat and retaining it, after that it痴 all down to experience.
      i don稚 want to blow unnecessary money on something that will soon be irrelevant

Comment

I agree that experience will kick in. But, the money that I paid or a digital laser thermometer was well spent. (I bought mine very reasonably priced from HF). Also, the cheap little oven thermometers that you can get just about anywhere are very handy. Maybe not for pizza, but for the breads, roasts, chicken, fish, bbq etc. etc.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
        X