Is this the right Foamglas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the right Foamglas?

Hoping that at least one of the many smart individuals on this forum can please let me know if this is the right Foamglas. I plan on doing 2" foamglas and 2" CaSi board on top. I just need someone to sign off and then I'm off to ordering the material! Just a simple yes or no answer. Thanks!

Compressive Strength : 60 psi
    Density : 7.18 pcf
    Flame Spread Index : 0
    Flexural Strength : 41 psi
    Insulation Thickness : 2 in
    Item Name : Foamglas Block
    Length : 24 in
    Material : Foamglass
    Smoke Developed Index : 0
    Sub Brand : ONE
    Temperature Rating : 121 to 800 deg F
    Thermal Conductivity : 0.14 to 0.54 Btu-in/hr-sq-ft-deg F
    Water Vapor Sorption : <0.2 %
    Width : 18 in

I used FoamGlas in my build as the first layer, then the CaSi. This version of FoamGlas has a little less compressive strength, mine was 90 PSI but 60 PSI although lower is acceptable. I am a little miffed by the temperature range, ie the 126 F 800 F will never be seen with the CaSi on top.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      I used FoamGlas in my build as the first layer, then the CaSi. This version of FoamGlas has a little less compressive strength, mine was 90 PSI but 60 PSI although lower is acceptable. I am a little miffed by the temperature range, ie the 126 F 800 F will never be seen with the CaSi on top.
      Thanks so much Russel. For some reason I couldn't find Foamglas any higher than 60psi on Distribution International. Maybe I overlooked it, I will check again. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X