We need help; new WFO, smoke and troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We need help; new WFO, smoke and troubles

Like I said, 2 - 6' lengths of dual wall chimney pipe here in Sac. Salvaged, but it is woking fine for me. Code allows it to go through a wood ceiling with - well, not possitive, but lets say "minimal" clearance. In reality, it doesn't get hot on the outside. Warm, at most, to the touch.

Pipe and anything else I can do to bring this project back to life.

dusty

Comment

Thanks very much for the offer, it is very kind.

We are still milling ideas around. My husband is a chef and his entire goal is to cater and do parties, with his pizzas. We are considering purchasing something like the Koala Oven (or similar) and are trying to decide whether we want to put any more money into the patio - or rather spend that towards getting him to the goal of being mobile.

He originally built it thinking it would be mobile not realizing the vast weight it would end up being. SOOOOO we are now discussing whether to set aside this project and spend $ towards the original mobile plan.

Comment

Ah...now I get it. Tough dilemma for sure.

dusty

Comment

We're going to try one more cure with something other than olive wood, w/a small fire and the back gates open. The first few cures were not with olive wood and were much lower in smoke. We may just try to get it so we can pull it to that back uncovered area just so he has somewhere to practice his craft.

I want to thank everyone for the brainstorming, it has got us thinking about our next step in his quest to sell pizzas *live*. THANKS EVERYONE!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattieandG View Post
            it has got us thinking about our next step in his quest to sell pizzas *live*. THANKS EVERYONE!!
            I think the next step is to buy a nice portable Primevera Oven from James. When you sell a food product the inspectors always suspect a problem with a "home-made" piece of equipment. Invest in your startup with a quality piece of equipment. James is the only guy I see with tons of support and lots of help for oven owners. He ( and the other experienced members of the forum) can be of great help over the bumps in the perfect pizza quest for both personal and business people.
            Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Hi all, you were all so great in your replies that I wanted to post an update!!

We abandoned the patio oven and put all our efforts into getting something going with our mobile business. We are happy to say we found an investor/partner end of 2008 and had our first official catering last month.

We are carting around town with a small oven on wheels. Our goal is to work up ($$) to a full trailer concept, but are starting small with hopes to grow. It's been quite a learning experience with permitting etc.

We've booked 2 festivals in June/July but really want to focus on private parties. Our thoughts were to get out and get the world to taste our pizza in hopes that we'd make some customers that way.

Anywho, just wanted to give you all an update...

Comment

Working...
              X