• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virginia Beach 42" WFO

More pics of the front and side view.

Comment

Pizza Bob I am having trouble uploading photos, sorry it took so long to get back with you. The vent bricks were tapered slightly (top to bottom) and placed perpendicular to the dome arch. I tapered a few bricks on the sides (front to back) You will need to build a form that can be removed after the bricks have set. Tip-cut the form short and use wedges or shims that can be removed so the form will drop enough to remove it in one piece. I will post pics when I can. Good luck.

Comment

Just returning from some time off and getting caught up. Your build looks great. Really clean, tight joints. Your jig seems to be working well, as you WFO looks to be very symmetric. Looking forward to it's closing up!
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

I dont know what has happened, I am unable to post additional photos. I dont know what happened. Help!! Thanks Glenn

Comment

Wow! I could drink a 12 pack and a bottle of wine and find the entry to this puppy. Very cool entry. Nice job!

Les...
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les did you have any problems posting photos with your build? If you did what did you do. Thanks Glenn

Comment

OK I have fixed the photo problem. First photo is the Vent Arch mock up. That was all placed and when the form as removed it it worked. That was cool. If you have done it before you know what I am talking about. If you are geting ready to do it, you will know soon. Next the flue tiles were cut and and trimmed.

Comment

A 1/4 inch kerf was placed on the edge to assist with the bond when it was completed the bond was very strong. After the flue tiles were cut I went ahead and set all cut pieces. In the end I did not use the the second cut set.

Comment

A template was cut out of cardboard and placed around the first flue tile. The arc was cut with a 4" angle grinder. Very dusty without water. Then the flue was placed.

Comment

Here are some photos of the vent arch transitions. Not the best looking. The fiber blankets arrived and placed. Tip. Glasses, Respirator and Coveralls are a must when working with this type of item.

Comment

The placement of the exterior wall assisted with buttressing the walls for the vent arch. That helped with the worries of the vent chamber walls from failing. Inspector Jake checking out the work and the roofline mock up. I think he likes it.

Comment

I used a piece of angle to span the arch then finished the block with cement filled cores, rebar pieces and anchor bolts. I fired the oven again after I placed the perlite and saw smoke coming from under the blanket! I had to remove all the perlite with a vacuume, what a pain in the ash. I filled the gap's with a high temp caulk sealer. Then placed all the perlite again. Tip fire the oven to full temp prior to covering it. Yes you will find some gap's. My own spin Gap sounds better than Crack.

Comment

Roof framing and covered with fiberock. If I do it again I will frame the roof with wood and cover it with plywood. No need to worry about radiant heat. I still have not completed the roof yet. I would like to use a metal tile look or real clay tiles. Here is one good PIZZA!!

Comment

I started on the frame of the glass door. Paulie did the welding and I became an excellent grinder! The first mock up of the frame and door. The tabs allowed for secure mounting.

Comment

The first few pictures are of the doorframe with the hinges mocked up. Once attached they would be cut down. Tip. The doors were made as one unit. Cut almost in half. Welded up and then the cut was finished to complete two doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X