My turn...finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My turn...finally

Yes, we all love pics. Tells the story so much easier. Hopefully this fall won't be too wet or cold! That's what I am hoping!
    My Build Thread

Comment

I agree, pics are great so here are two for you....

Ist is the frame only and the second 5/1 vermiculite to portland, water as needed and two hour of mixing and measuring and tamping. Finally a few free hours. Also I picked up a saw yesterday..If I can get someone to help me get it out of my truck and help carry it it may be of some use.

I can't wait to get some bricks cut!!

Peter
      Last edited by KraemerBAC; 09-13-2009, 09:27 PM.
      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

looking good......

Comment

Good looking work Peter! Looks like you and I will be neck & neck on the dome. I am just waiting for my fb insulation boards to be delivered. Fedex tracking said it would be Saturday but they never came! Now they're saying tomorrow. Thanx for the pics!

-Darius

Comment

Well, despite the cold I am continuing to make progress.. Got the floor laid out and began cutting some soldiers. Built a jig for he soldiers and cut the plywood floor covering. Just need to label the floor, tear it down, level it and put it back up. The weather looks to be improving as the week goes on and it is break at the college so I should have some time to work on it. Thanks for listening. Tim, I'll get back to you on the flour question..

Peter
            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Isn't Wisconsin weather grand? Sure hope we get a warm-up before Halloween!
              Picasa web album
              Oven-building thread

Comment

Well, despite the weather I have been making progress. Labeled the floor bricks and pulled them off, started laying them in the clay/sand mix and what do you know after the first three rows I was off my line....Had to pull them all, scrape off the clay and start over; I am beginning to understand what a sore back feels like..lots of bending reaching. Anyway, I have the floor in, on line and level and have begun to dry fit the soldiers and the arch transition. I had to stop and clean more bricks so I had some to cut..should have the cutting done tonight and I hope to begin mortaring tomorrow. I will get some pictures of the progress taken and posted later today hopefully. As always, thanks for listening

Peter
                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hey peter
                  Glad to hear your making progress... any progress is good progress.. remember if your floor isnt flat you can always sand or grind the bricks level.. not all firebricks are the same size Im sure your finding out..
                  cheers
                  Mark

Comment

I have two words for you...rain sucks..Thats it, nothing more well OK two more..yardwork sucks too, only because it steals oven building time

Peter
                    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

We had nice weather today and I got some measuring and cutting done. Did some dry placement of the first corse and the beginning of the landing/transition/arch wall. took lots of pictures. I sort of went with a hybrid system of whole bricks and cut bricks for the reveal at the oven entrance, kept the landing walls tied in as it were but I won't have to notch out any arch bricks. I am hoping the weather will hold for a few days so I can get mortaring...I don't mind the cold, I just need it to stay above freezing a little while longer and I may get it done before the snow flies...wse will see..

Peter
                      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Its official,

I have tarped my oven and put it away for the season. I will begin anew in earnest in the spring. I hear pizza in the spring is ost wonderful!!! Of course it will have to wait for maple syrup makin season to be over with too, I have way too many hobbies and not enough time.

Peter
                        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Peter,
                          I feel your pain...... I think I'll go make some pancakes ??? got any syrup ??

Seriously your build is looking great, Its a shame you have to shut down now,,,

Cheers
                          Mark

Comment

Hang in there, Peter. I stared at that tarp covered beast in my back yard all last winter. Spring will be here before you know it!

I'm envious of your maple syrup! My son eats so much syrup (on everything). Sounds silly, but he smells like maple syrup.
                            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                            My oven build thread

Comment

Thanks guys,

Yes it is most definately a beast, the proverbial elephant in the room..

Does he like the real stuff?? That could get expensive fast. I don't eat a whole lot but really enjoy making it. Same could be said with home brew beer. I should get a few bee hives too then I could call it a co-op

Peter
                              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Yaa hoo, Spring has sprung, the maples have run their course, syrup is made and it is time to finish this build. I am glad to be back and look forward to getting to know everyone again.

Peter
                                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
                                X