Placing a P70 on a stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Placing a P70 on a stand

I'm close to ordering the 70 myself, I've decided I just don't want to deal with the hassle of a 'build', plus the 70 will fit nicely into my patio style.

I've had the same question about moving the unit, and was told they reduced the weight to 560 lbs and that three strong men should be able to move it. I've got to move it from the front of the house to the backyard, so it needs to be carry-able. Any advice anyone?

Comment

ronh,

The shipping company moved the oven to my backyard. However, the path to your backyard should be relatively unobstructive or the guy will not do it. Yes, there was only one person from the shipping company, the drive/mover. He used a pallet jack with help from two of us. The old P70 weights >700lb.

Comment

Can't believe FB think 4 blokes can lift that kind of load safely with a couple of 4x2's
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Well, thought I'd update this thread with my experience.

Got the new Primavera 70 sitting in my garage. Got 6 good sized men over for the move...figure with six of us, no problem, even though it has to move a good distance. Well, honestly, while we could lift it using 2x4's, actually moving it any distance was just out of the question. I wish I still had the email from the rep at forno who said 3 strong men could move it. No freaking way. So I'm now looking at plan b to move this beast!

Comment

Can I say "Told ya so!"

My best advice continues to be -

Back a pick up truck to the beast with tailgate down

Place the 2 x 4's underneath the beast (crow bar?) and lift on to the truck bed (difficult, but should be possible with 6+ guys and long 2 x 4's)

Back the truck up to within a couple inches of the stand/base

Like a Pharoah, lift the beast from the truck bed to the stand/base, and push it on. A crow bar will help is turing it to the proper orientation. Expect appreciable chips in the lower edges. They can be easily repaired.

Hope your buds are strong. And lift with your legs.

Comment

a) rent an engine lift. engine lift - Google Search

b) buy some heavy duty nylon slings to harness to the oven and lift. Purple Endless Polyester Round Slings - Lifting Slings

c) using lift, place the oven on a heavy duty dolly. Hand Trucks R Us - Industrial Dolly with Pneumatic Casters

d) move to your desired location

e) use engine lift again to mount the oven on the stand

OR

Buy the Andiamo 70 which is basically the Primavera 70 on wheels. It doesn't look as pretty as the Primavera but I'm one for functionality trumps looks.

Comment

Working...
              X