Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premio2G floor problems

Hi everyone,
    I recently purchased a Premio2G100 and after everything went together, there is a gap of up to an inch between the rear of the floor pieces and the dome. The front pieces fit perfect. I have read a few comments about ash filling in gaps but these seem to be major. Should they be filled in with something or do I need new rear floor pieces?

thanks for any help

Re: Premio2G floor problems

I'm not familiar with the design, but perhaps you are meant to have a 1/2" gap all the way around. Ovens, that are designed with the floor inside, rather than on top of the dome leave a gap so the floor can expand without creating outward pressure on the dome. Call your supplier.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David,
      The front section of the floor and the landing are made into one piece which are two halves. They start with the curvature of the dome and wrap around the opening. Once in place they are very tight and have no ability to move forward or backward. The way it's designed, I can only slide the other pieces of floor forward to meet the front pieces...or side to side. This leaves the 1 inch gap in the rear. I'll contact Forno tomorrow.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

Can you please email me photos to review to Heidi@fornobravo.com.

There should be some gapping to allow the floor tiles to expand, over time the gap will fill with ash, you could also fill the same with some fine sand.

Thanks,
        Heidi

Comment

Rushour,
          I just assembled a Premio 2G110 and found significant spacing between floor tiles and dome. It will take some time before ash fills in those gaps and it seems as though one of my floor tiles is now cracked in 3 places...seems to work ok but someone has their measurements off
          Peter

Comment

Hello DocHop,

If you would like to send me a photo, and your contact info I can review it and send you a replacement floor tile.

Please either email me heidi@fornobravo.com and or call me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14.

Thanks,
            Heidi

Comment

I recently completed a Premio2G, went through the curing procedure and have been using the oven for about six weeks. Last night I discovered that the two largest floor tiles (18x18) in the middle of the oven are cracked. The edges are aligned perfectly so that the cracks don't impede the ovens use but I am concerned. Is this usual?

Comment

ksmarkel,
                My Premio 2G also has the middle 2 tiles cracked in several places as well. I wonder why ? I'll have 2 post/send photos.
                Thanks,
                Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Floor tiles do get hairline cracks in most cases they are not an issue at all. How long have you had the oven? If you would like you can email me photos to review to heidi@fornobravo.com

Thanks,
                  Heidi

Comment

I attached a link to some photos.

There are cracks in both the right and left center 18 inch square tiles. In Left Crack 01 you can see it faintly running somewhat diagonally from the middle of the picture on the right to the middle of the ash on the left. Left Crack 02 is a closeup. In Right Crack o1 the crack runs from the front middle of the tile toward the back of the oven. Right Crack 02 is a little fainter but you can see the same crack and you can faintly see the left crack. Right Crack 03 is a closeup. The right crack is the worst.

Snapfish: Share:Registration

Comment

Hello Ksmarkel,

I got your photos and I will be in contact with you shortly.

Thanks,
                      Heidi

Comment

I installed my Premio2G a year ago and the two front tiles have large cracks in them. Forno Bravo sent me a replacement tile but removing the old and installing the replacement seems ridiculously difficult and who is to say it won't crack again. I would like to know how many of you out there who bought the Premio2g have the same problem. I think it is a defective product that Forno Bravo should have told us about when we bought the oven.

Comment

fredjana,
                          FB sent me replacement tiles also - that I still have in my garage. Like you, I thought the task of replacing them was daunting. I decided to keep them in case the problem got worse. The original cracks I saw have gotten marginally longer and larger. I wouldn't minimize their description as hairline - but they do not seem to significantly affect the operation of the oven. If and when they do, I will attempt replacement.

Like you I am disappointed that the floor cracked, if for no other reason it is asthetically detractive.

I expected more, especially after paying as much as we did. The door wasn't available when I picked up the oven, After many delays they sent one. When it arrived, the hole for the thermometer was missing. Instead of replacing it, they sent me a drill bit.

Comment

ksmarkel,

Thanks for the response. The cracks on my floor are definitely not hairline and are getting worse (wider, longer, more cracks). Just doesn't seem right that this is happening, particularly for the $$ spent. My oven is still serviceable but who knows for how long. Like you, I am putting off replacing the tiles until I have no choice. Let me know if/when you end up doing it.

fredjana

Comment

I just placed my Casa2 G110 floor and dome, I measured the gap between the floor tiles and dome and its seems extremely excessive. I have at least a 1/2" and in some areas over a 5/8" gap around the perimeter.

Is this consistent with what everyone is finding? I can understand a tolerance of even out to an 1/8", but a 1/2" or more just seems excessive.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e4xc5y28t...HQfKxQ9ma?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                              X