• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrchipster
    replied
    Re: how many thermocouples?

Originally posted by RichC View Post
    How many thermo couples should I install in my oven and whereabouts? I think it'll be a kit, igloo style? I assume 1 in the hearth centre, but should I install any more? Is there any point?
    Also, should they be installed in thermowells or simply embedded in the structure?
    Thanks
    Richard
    If you are going to do it make sure they can be removed, the sensors will need to be replaced at some point.

That said, I have made some very nice bread and many other things with just a cheap harbor freight ir thermometer, bought on sale for $22.00

If you are just doing pizza I do not think you need anything but your eyes and a light if it is dark.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• ShuttleAU
    replied

+1 for IR thermometer

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

What's the plan for your oven, Pizza , Bread, other stuff? The reason I ask is because most people agree that if all you want to do is Pizza or other stuff there is no reason to even have one thermocouple and a simple IR thermometer will get you going, and after you learn your oven you won't even need that much.

If you wanting to do bread that is a different story yet it is still debated, some like and some see no need.

I do a lot of bread and I have 6 thermocouples now that I have experience with my oven I could easily knock it down to three.

One in the floor 3/4 inch from the heated surface, One mid-wall 3/4 inch from the heated surface, and one on the outside of the mid-wall between the brick and the insulation. That gives me all I need to know. It can tell me how saturated my oven is and how many runs of bread I can bake before I use all my heat.

Hope that helps, Faith

Leave a comment:

• RichC
    started a topic how many thermocouples?

how many thermocouples?

How many thermo couples should I install in my oven and whereabouts? I think it'll be a kit, igloo style? I assume 1 in the hearth centre, but should I install any more? Is there any point?
    Also, should they be installed in thermowells or simply embedded in the structure?
    Thanks
    Richard
Working...
X