Profesionale 120 TE Trailer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Profesionale 120 TE Trailer Build

A couple shots of the interior and some shots of laying the insulation board.

Comment

After we had the base down it was time to lay out the design of the stones. I guess that I hadn't really thought about the thickness before, but these suckers were thick (2") and were not light. It was fine for 1 person to move them into place but we needed all three of us to lift the outer shell pieces onto the trailer.

Comment

Here are some shots of leveling the cooking stones on the trailer. The next step would be the most difficult & heavy!

Comment

We just followed the #'s spray painted on the pieces & put the puzzle together.

Comment

Last shots of getting the pieces together. We will need to ratchet strap the pieces so that we can get the capstone to sit perfectly. We are currently a smidge away from all pieces fitting as tightly as possible. Our thought is to use the ratchet straps to apply the needed pressure on all pieces to set the final piece in place.

Comment

Yesterday we spent 7 hours on the build between 2 trips to Harbor Freight, lunch, and a trailer move that we hadn't anticipated. A co-workers husband has industrial space that he has allowed us to build the oven/trailer at, but it is outside. Our oven crate has sat in the "locked yard" for well over a month under tarp. It wasn't until we brought the trailer over this past Friday when today we had neighbor problems. Evidently there was a disagreement over what side of this locked yard we were supposed to be on and to make a long story short, we had to move the trailer 20 ft. You know there is an issue when someone approaches you and says, "I don't mean to be an A#$, but you are on my property.", they actually do mean to be that way. Not to be confrontational, we talked w/our contact who in turn spoke with the owner of said space and we moved. Throughout the day our "buddy" tried to make peace by offering tools, etc. We smiled and nodded and said that we appreciated the offer and we would keep it in mind. The "soup Nazi" played in my head all day as I inserted "No pizza for you" instead of soup. Such is life.

Comment

So, my crate is empty. Was I supposed to receive a chimney cap and oven door as part of my purchase or not? Does anybody know? I'm going to send an email to FB as well.

Comment

Looking good so far, you made a lot of progress! Not sure about the chimney cap and door as my oven was a different model but would have expected at least the door to be included? You're doing a lot better job than I did taking pictures- I would be nearly done and then remember my camera was sitting there ready to use. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Comment

KK

Great progress. Gotta love neighbors. Good fences make good neighbors.

Very interested to see your build progress. I cant find the oven you have on the FB site, so no idea what should come with it. Let us know please.

What will actually hold the oven to the trailer?

Texman
                    Texman Kitchen
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

It is the professionale 120 & they call it the "TE" or trailer edition. It is the same model that I assume they sell to Fire Within although I have no verification of this. I opted for the largest hearth at 48". At this point we need to mortar external joints & base, wrap with insulation, stucco, then protect against the weather. No ideas on finishes yet. Our backgrounds are are food related with only junior do-it-yourself badges. We'll probably have a pro give us a hand with finishing & stucco just to get that clean professional look that we want.

Comment

When I first started this journey, I had convinced myself that we needed some type of cabling system to keep the oven attached to the trailer. As I talked with the trailer mfg, they convinced me that the weight oven the oven alone was enough to keep the oven in place on the trailer. Now my partners are convinced that we need to bolt this thing down. I'm stuck at the proverbial split in the road. Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Bolt it down!!! I don't care how heavy it is. In a past life I was a tractor trailer driver I will tell you from experience that emergency breaking or a hard swerve could toss that right off the trailer. Always secure your load!!!

Faith

Comment

The outer shell of my oven is bonded to the supporting slab.I achieved this by grinding some grooves into the supporting slab with a diamond blade and flaring the join where the dome and supporting slab meet. Had a little accident a couple of times when the draw bar went skywards at 45 degrees. The oven sits on a trolley that is chained and turnbuckled to the trailer. Oven didn't move a tad and there was no damage.
                            Last edited by david s; 09-04-2013, 07:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
                            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I agree w/the hard curve/stop or incline or downhill issues. Luckily Florida, for the most part is flat. From the beginning I have thought better safe than sorry. I will probably secure bolts through the oven pan and cross cable/tie-down the thing.

Comment

That should do. A high centre of gravity is an issue. I kept mine lower than I would have preferred because of the haulage problems.
                                Last edited by david s; 09-04-2013, 04:10 AM.
                                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X