Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Profesionale 120 TE Trailer Build

kk

you gotta secure it. just the bounce alone from uneven roads at 60mph is enough to move it around. not to mention the slam on the brakes on the interstate going 75mph cause some idiot cut you off.

Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

The real ugly side of this is if you hit someone. Your going to stop suddenly air bags and seat belts will keep you from going through the windshield...but then you will have the oven being launched at you from behind...or at someone else. Take the safe way on this.

Comment

After several conversations with our team and those on the board here, we are going to secure this down. Yesterday we spent most of our time trying to get the last piece (capstone) to fit in the center. After sending the narrow shouldered one into the oven to push from underneath & a few pry bars, we were successful in moving the pieces enough to get the capstone to fall into place.

No major gaps, so we slapped the mortar on. I'm hoping to start the first small fire this Friday before the insulation phase. I'm thinking about using charcoal briquettes as the source. Any thoughts?

Comment

I've been using and recommending brickettes for years to dry out ovens. For some reason FB do not recommend its use and you may void your warranty. Check your instructions and if that does not clarify the issue contact them.

Originally posted by kkgator View Post

No major gaps, so we slapped the mortar on. I'm hoping to start the first small fire this Friday before the insulation phase. I'm thinking about using charcoal briquettes as the source. Any thoughts?
          Steady on, you might like to give that mortar a bit more than one day to cure before starting fires.
          Last edited by david s; 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David, you were right about the mortar not being completely dry so we did not try for the first fire this past Friday. These are pictures of our mortar job from last week. We removed our tarp to find that half of the mortar had dried and other parts were still wet looking. We hope to wrap in insulation blanket and mesh soon so we can get this thing into the final stucco & finishing stages.

Comment

It helps to attach pictures when you speak about them

Comment

Our plan for tie down is to secure eyebolts through the trailer frame and use wire cable & turnbuckles to create our tie down system. We are also going to bolt our stainless chimney down as well. Our model was this build found here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/b...oor-12363.html

Post 1 & 4

Comment

Originally posted by kkgator View Post
                  Our plan for tie down is to secure eyebolts through the trailer frame and use wire cable & turnbuckles to create our tie down system. We are also going to bolt our stainless chimney down as well. Our model was this build found here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/b...oor-12363.html

Post 1 & 4
                  I prefer chain to wire because there's more adjustment. Also I made mine with a removable flue because there is a lot of pressure against it when driving at speed. I've seen enough mobile ovens with floppy flues to know that this was a good move. It simply slides into a stainless sleeve.

Comment

Nice looking oven! Our stack will be removable as well. It has an 8" collar that the flue pushes into and the cap inside of that.

Comment

Great Gig !

Do you have any pictures of the construction of it ?

Comment

If you are asking about my oven, no I don't have pictures. Our computer hard drive crashed and the back up hard drive which supposedly was storing everything was also faulty so we lost the lot. Because I was worried about the possibility of the oven shaking to bits on the road, I cast the dome in one piece over a one piece cast floor. Bothe dome and floor are 2" thick.

Comment

So, the oven has been wrapped in metal lathe & has had stucco applied. Word to the wise, never, under any circumstances mess with the metal lathe w/out gloves. I had my glove off for 1 second and it resulted in 7 stitches which shut our build down for a day. Of course I'm accident prone when it comes to building anything!

Comment

Build process so far:
                            Forno Bravo oven delivered the beginning of July.
                            Trailer built by a local company (approx. 3 weeks).
                            I needed the 3 week trailer build because we had a soggy July.
                            Spent 5 days assembling oven pieces, insulation, mortar, lathe & stucco.
                            Weather & full time job allowing 1 day per week on oven. Late September & we are close. I started a small 300F for a few hours last Sat but will need at least 5 more at this temp to satisfy first cure requirement of 300F for min of 8 hrs. We have primer & paint left to do plus I'll have my father, who is a mason, come up with an interesting finish to the fa?ade.

Every question that I've asked local tradesmen about the oven construction, they have replied, didn't they send directions with this? That seems to be the general theme. Yes directions, instructions. Detailed, now that is a matter of opinion. Sure, FB gave their email if we had any questions, and others have helped here in the forums, but I found every time that we were faced w/a decision to make or were unsure of ourselves (newbies remember), everyone made that statement. We had to make the best decision at the time. Only time will tell if we made the most educated decision/guess along the way which we can apply to another build if we so chose. Hindsight.

I appreciate everyone who contributes to this forum & thanks for all the advice so far!

Comment

Okay, could someone explain why some of my pics are always upside down?

Comment

Maybe you've been drinking and
                                A. you're holding the camera upside down, or

B. you fell over.
                                Last edited by david s; 09-23-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X