Profesionale 120 TE Trailer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Profesionale 120 TE Trailer Build

Drink? Me? Not at 4-5AMEST when I'm posting on the boards here, but definitely after various stages of this build. I usually take care of the business end before opening my first Amber Liquid & I am by no means a Bogan...lol

Comment

BTW David, is there a big craft beer scene down under or is everyone still drinking Fosters and eating at Outback Steakhouse?

Comment

Yes, the fancy boutique beers are big here. Home brewed cider for me though. 3 litres/ week for the last 10 years. Check out
        Oztops - Home

When the little vials of yeast run out we just buy some all purpose wine yeast and the caps last for years until the seals eventually give up.
        Last edited by david s; 09-24-2013, 12:24 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

So we had a forecast for sun all week-end which prompted me to try and prime & paint "the beast". It looked a little cloudy on Sat and its a good thing I had the oven/trailer under tent because I had a steady drizzle all day! I did get 2 coats of primer & 1 coat of paint applied on Saturday with every intent of adding a second coat of paint on Sunday. Sunday AM I had to prep for an event so it wasn't until around noon when I decided instead of painting I should fire the oven up for another low temp burn. I had only had 3 hrs @ 300F & decided to put another 5 hours towards the 300F mark. This FB composite oven is great. The draw is excellent, but the low temp pushes a lot of smoke out. I can't wait to really open this thing up.

Comment

I always drive out the water prior to making the outer shell otherwise you risk cracking it because water is locked inside. You shouldn't seal the outside before fires for the same reason, plus your paint may bubble too from the moisture trapped underneath it. I suggest you take it really easy with the fires until the whole thing is quite dry.You can test this by throwing some plastic over the oven and seeing if water is still condensing under the plastic.
            Last edited by david s; 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kkgator View Post
              Stage 1 Complete!

The trailer is finished and thankfully we've had a ton of rain which has allowed me to see where my trailer is leaking internally. I have 4 doors and it leaks around those but should be able to be corrected w/some weather stripping. I also have a few minor leaks which should be able to be caulked with no further issues. I have attached a few pictures of the trailer for everyone to look at.

Also, we should have a few dry days next week & my team & I will start the oven build! I fear w/all of the rain my FB board is ruined as it has been sitting in a crate in the elements covered with a tarp. Not the ideal situation, but a 3K lb shipping crate makes it hard to find an industrial space that not only has a forklift to take off of a semi but also to have covered space a tad difficult. Will post more about the build after Monday next week.
              that's a great looking trailer, where did you get it from?

Comment

I had a local trailer company make it from the Forno Bravo oven spec sheet to hold the weight.

Comment

Strega Nona's Oven - Thought for Food

Comment

Your trailer looks really good, we bought the same oven to put in a trailer. Really excited but i have sooooo many questions. Can we email, talk, please !!!!!!!

Comment

Have you had any damage to the oven in any way from it being bounced around on the road? Also, did you do anything special to hold it in place so it doesn't move while going around a sharp corner?

Comment

"Have you had any damage to the oven in any way from it being bounced around on the road? Also, did you do anything special to hold it in place so it doesn't move while going around a sharp corner?"

No damage to the overall system so far. We have made a few 60 mile trips and thankfully FL is flat for the most part. The oven sits on the CaSil board which is secured in a frame. Once we assembled the oven & mortared the joints, we applied the blanket insulation to it. After the blanket was installed, we used 1/2 steel cable an crisscrossed it over the oven and secured it to eyebolts which bolted underneath the hearth frame inside of the trailer. We also bolted the stainless steel stack down thru the frame as well. We are starting to see so small stucco cracks more on the flat part of the stucco over the CaSil board than anywhere on the oven stucco itself. We do notice a few hairline cracks inside the oven when at temp but that is just normal or at least that is our premise.

We do drive slow around corners and anticipate braking always. We have had it on road & off road. Off road we have driven it thru a local botanical garden where their service vehicles drive as well as a few farms (gravelly uneven roads) with no issues.

Since Sept 2013 we have logged roughly 300 miles with no major issues (knock on fire wood).

Comment

If you haven't already done it, you should fit shocks to the trailer. Those cracks in the outer shell will be fixed up if you coat the thing with an acrylic render. Get one that has good elastic qualities. You may need to reapply some in places where new cracks develop. My little mobile oven is about 5 years old, has been over some rough roads, speed bumps at speed when I forgot I was towing an oven, and done tons of miles. I hire it out, but always pick up and deliver rather than let customers drag it around. That way any damage is my fault and that's easier to live with.Dome is fine, but the one piece floor is full of cracks, but still fires ok

Comment

I applied an acrylic/elastomeric stucco paint which seems to have kept cracks at a minimum. Shocks. Good thought. I'll have to see if the trailer has them or not. I think not or my trailer company would have mentioned it before the build.

Comment

Any little cracks that develop in the outer shell should be filled with you elastomeric render to keep out the weather. Keep an eye out for cracks that may appear where the outer shell meets your supporting slab. This is a common entry point for rain. I usually fix these on an annual basis, not really a problem and you can paint over it with standard acrylic house paint.

Comment

Kkgator,

How is your trailer oven performing for you? I was looking at a welding trailer the other day and remembering your build. Just about every trailer I see causes me to imagine how an oven would fit on it. I remembered that your oven entry is accessible from the back. Are there any pros and cons to that which you have found?
                                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X