Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Casa 110 Installation

Acoma,

I'm ready anytime. First snow was yesterday, so I'm getting itchy for the sun.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Mine has much work to do. In the future I will have no problem, once the oven and backyard is more complete. Right now it is dirt, with much planned. Anyone from N. Cal? What a cause....
      Jim, I will be doing my best to see if I can work through the cold and slowly progress. I must find a way.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Acoma.....I live nearby (Roseville) and would be very interested if Jim were to come down. My oven is done and really firing up nicely and would love to host. I know there are a few owners of some ovens in Sacramento and nearby.

Comment

Great, and Roseville is perfect this time of year, and is beautiful. Jim? When you coming?

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Weather has been in the 70's and just beautiful right now. So Jim, when are you coming?

Comment

Okay, you guys, rub it in. We had our first really hard frost this morning, so the herbs are toast until next year.

Seriously, I'd love to come sometime in November. I'm a bit tied up for the next while until the Artigiano installation is finished. However, I've got the chimney, the stone has been delivered and the heavy gauge steel studding should arrive this week.

Still, there are a lot of details to work out beforehand, and I'm not quite sure what security would think of a bag full of bread slashing knives and sourdough.

I'm away this weekend, but maybe we could continue planning by email. I haven't been to your part of CA in a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it. How many participants would there be?

Jim

Comment

Well, when you are confident and closer to within 2 months of showing, we can work to orchestrate members to show. Lets worry about that detail next. Keep us in the loop.
                Acoma.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Acoma,

Probably wasn't clear. What I meant was toward the end of this month, or possibly early December. Within the next two weeks, the Artigiano job will be buttoned up. There are a few more on the horizon, but these, oh joy, will be interior installs, so weather is not a factor.

Let me know.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by dalucca2003 View Post
                    Acoma.....I live nearby (Roseville) and would be very interested if Jim were to come down. My oven is done and really firing up nicely and would love to host. I know there are a few owners of some ovens in Sacramento and nearby.
                    Dalucca, try and work with Jim to see what can work. Lets see if we can get something aranged that you would be comfortable with too. I know we have other members in the area around there. Up to quantity that would work for you and Jim. Count me in.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

All,

Pretty much all weekends work for me. We have a nice size backyard and patio and we can accomodate a large crowd. Jim, just let me know what works for you. I know of at least 6-10 owners in the area and there are probably more. Owners, start responding with your interest and let us see how many people we can get to attend.

Comment

Thanks Dalucca, I'm in.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Acoma, Dalucca,

My schedule is nuts, but I'd really like to come out there, either the last weekend in November or the first or second weekend on December. Let's work it out.

Jim

Comment

Acoma, Dalucca,

In response to Acoma's request, I've done some figuring on the number of participants needed in a Roseville bread course to make it work out for me, modestly of course. Seems we'd have to have about eight people. Six would be pretty thin on the ground. I'd have to cover off plane fare, accommodation and a rental car. I'm thinking of a Thursday to a Monday, for less bustle at the airport, jet lag recovery and time to look around the area a bit. Most likely, Wendy will be coming with me, but her costs are not included in the equation.

Acoma and Dalucca are in, but we still need six people in the Scaramento, Roseville, San Francisco area. Any takers?

We'll be making six different breads over two days, some soudough, some not, some retarded, some not, some fancy, some straighforward.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Acoma, Dalluca and all,

Don't mean to step on the workshop thread, but this seems the appropriate place for the attached pic. It shows an Artigiano install nearing completion. The stone is Ledgerock Tigerstripe from Wiarton, Ontario. It's sawn to a thickness of 1". The spacers are to maintain a consistent 3/8" mortar gap until the Thinset cures. Pointing will begin on Monday, weather permitting. The site is near a small town called Mono Mills, high on the Niagara Escarpment. I call it "microclimate city," because the weather there never conforms to any published forecast.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X