Cob Oven Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cob Oven Build

After 2 1/2 years, what is the rest of the story?

Comment

nice work I love the clay brick forming in the mold

Comment

Mark, hi. I have been following your build. Nice job on the cob! I am going to build one soon and want to follow your form. Any more pics on it? How is it standing up?

Comment

Hey, the oven is holding up well considering it is outside with only a flimsy tarp over the structure. I still want to build a bigger one and more permanent but alas I have since followed other projects: claypot tandori & later flying remote control planes and most recently getting my pilot's license and various endorsements in various planes (both nosewheel and taildraggers).

The oven still works well, I never insulated it completely and I still like to watch the fire roll around inside.....a larger dome would be more practical but it works for small pizzas.

Comment

I still use the oven occasionally. No I never finished the outside. I did a test area with a perlite mix and concrete over part of the dome (few inches thick) and you can hold your hand on that area but not on the clay dome when it is fired to temperature.

Comment

Interesting! Thanks, Mark!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X