Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on custom stainless oven

pizza oven project
    Last edited by candiamel; 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM.

Re: need help on custom stainless oven

sounds interesting, pictures would help us help you

Comment

It is my understanding that discussion of DIY gas fired ovens is not allowed here on the forum due to the dangers involved with the gas burner systems and the number of fail-safes that need to be engineered and operable to render such a system safe.

That said, I am aso not sure I understand the concept. What does the stainless outer shell provide? It would need to be significantly modified and an additional inner dome (you suggest more stainless) shaped at a non trivial cost. All for the sake of retrofitting a freebie into something far less than ideal. There is no thermal mass, so the oven would need to provide direct and evenly spread heat (you mention propane) to cook with.

You have asked about the vent and chimney. If you take a look at the design of the ovens we build, the vent and chimney are above the opening arch. If you could fit a pre-cast dome and insulation under your "shell" and the opening lines up properly to a traditional chimney, then you may have a workable solution. You would need an insulated floor (FB board with fire brick over it) and then the pre-cast dome and insulation with your "hood" being the protective shell.

Comment

Here is one oven made of metal....It is wood fired though.

The home made gas oven you talk about is a good way to visit your family at the burn center. Make it a wood fired oven.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I like your out-of-the-box design thinking to modify an existing structure into an oven. But because your oven plan does not incorporate the most basic elements of a true WFO (refractory dome, floor and wood fuel source) you are essentially re-creating a very expensive gas oven.

Comment

Working...
          X