Refractory cement experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refractory cement experts

Well I am hoping to get to the planning stages of my oven. Due to the amount of time we plan on living in our current house and the limited space along with my work schedule, I plan on building the dome out of refractory cement. This is something i can cast in the winter months when I am not working. Now i have called around to quite a few places only to get 2 quotes on material. I am in no way an expert so i was hoping someone could tell me if either of these are what i am looking for. He said the price is quite negotiable depending on the amount i need.

Re: Refractory cement experts

this is the correct product, but try some alternative suppliers. The cement is calcium aluminate, the product you show is a mixture of cement and aggregate premixed so you just need water.Don't cut it by adding any other aggregate or it won't be strong enough.Most cartable refractories also include some very fine natural fibres which burn away during firing leaving tiny "pipes" which water vapor can escape from.
    Dave
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Re: Refractory cement experts

The stuff is not cheap at $105/ 25 Kg I 'd be using the cheaper one. You won't be firing anywhere near 1427 C anyway.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
      X