a refractory concrete oven from mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a refractory concrete oven from mexico

hi i am from mexico and i am making my fist wfo let my share the pics with u guys i learn alot from this site and i want to thank fornobravo staff for the amazing work on the ebook about pompei ovens it help me alot and i want to thanks all the people on this forum let me know what u think i am ready to insulate it whith 3" of ceramic fiber i will post the new pics asap

Re: a refractory concrete oven from mexico

hi i got the new pics let me know what u think almost done !!

Comment

Hey! I think you did a wonderful job on your oven. What was the total time that it took you to cast it? We have put together our foundation, getting ready to pour a hearth for the oven to sit on. Then we will build a form and cast our oven. Where did you get your fire brick tiles for the cooking floor? Where did you get or did you use, woven ceramic insulating blanket to put over the dome?
      knowledge is contagious, spread the infection!!!

Comment

Welcome Rep, looking forward to seeing how it works. What did you use for refractory material? BTW looks great!!!
        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Hi Rep! Just showed my husband your oven and he is very impressed. He wanted to know what you used to shape your dome, was it sand? How did you get it to hold together, from the picture it looked very solid. Post pics of your first cook! It will be exciting, but be careful, don't cook the feret!
          knowledge is contagious, spread the infection!!!

Comment

hello everyone.

lt4827 it took me 2 weeks the build i use maxial 210 from rhi refractories firebrick on the floor. for the oven i use kaokast concrete from thermal ceramics and woven ceramic fron rhermal ceramics too.

i post some pics of the finished oven his name its Huehueteotl the aztec fire god, the first margherita and the fist baguettes i hope you like it

i use wet sand to make the form inside the sand i put a bag fill of tree leaves to use less sand. i get all the materials here in Mexico.

thanks lwood kaokast from thermal ceramics

Comment

Hi Reptilazio,

A great bounty from your oven. Is that a gas line connected to your stand? What's its function?

Comment

Laurentius yes a great bounty lol and yes its a gas line the oven work with gas or wood i bake every 2 days or so so i need a fast fuel like gas and the option to use wood when i want and u can start the fire really fast with the gas burner if u want wood.

Comment

Hello reptilazio,

WOW, that is a beautiful oven. I like the gas burner feature. Can you post some photos and a description about how you installed it?

Cheers,
                  Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Nice render, is that just red-oxide/portland?
                    Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Nice work. I love your painting on the side of the oven.
                      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

azpizzanut i take some pics to share

lwood its vinilic paint i seal the stucco and then paint it

david s thanks for your comments i appreciate

Comment

Hi reptilazio,

Photos inside the oven....please? I'd like to see the burner.

Thank you,
                          Bob

Comment

I like the gas burner feature. Can you post some photos and a description about how you installed it?...I'd like to see the burner.
                            It is the position of Forno Bravo that gas burners on home ovens aren't safe. Please take all discussions of them off-line. Thanks.
                            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi Dmun, all,

Yes, I know the FB position about gas burners, but some members do not. You posted the reply I was waiting for. Thank you for doing that.

Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X