My take on a Pizza oven.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on a Pizza oven.......

Although I haven't posted here much I have learned a great deal from you all.

I struggled with the type of oven I wanted and ultimately decided to build one out of steel.
    One consideration was the fact that my Wife and I could not decide on the location of a brick oven.

The second, I feel much more comfortable welding then laying brick. The end result is this 900 lbs portable oven. It heats up quickly and the thermal mass holds the heat very well.
    I know Its not as good as a brick oven but for our purposes Its the hit of the summer.

Thanks again for all your posts. I'm new to this and couldn't have pulled this off without the hours of lurking.

Click on the link to see all the photos.

That design is outside the box for sure!

Now that is a work of art!!

I find the look of your oven striking, and its portable too!

You have a PM.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: My take on a Pizza oven.......

wow, Wow, WOW, WOW.
      That's really something. You do amazing work. I want a workshop like that
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Beautiful metal work! No reason why it can't make great pies for gas grills work great!
        Congrats!
        Jay

Comment

UN FREAKIN' Believable!!!!....VERY Nice work!!!

Okay, so I'll be the first to ask...........what would it cost to replicate something like that?

Comment

Beautiful work. That is indeed a work of art and probably is every bit as much a time and money investment as the traditional brickies on here. You'll enjoy that and get lots of good cooking out of it.

My compliments!

A more detailed build thread with embedded pics and a few details on the construction would be great.
            CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyebreadman View Post
              UN FREAKIN' Believable!!!!....VERY Nice work!!!

Okay, so I'll be the first to ask...........what would it cost to replicate something like that?
              Thanks for all the comments guys. I have about $1600 in materials ($800 if my wife is reading this) It took me about 50 man hours to fab everything.

I made some changes that added additional costs. I decided to add the ornamental detail on the oven door which lead into counter balancing it which lead into adding a extra gauge which........ you get the idea.... Its always something. I'm very happy with the way it cooks and holds temp. I'll post pics of our cooks this summer.

What I did learn is 90% Preparation 10% Execution

Comment

Working...
              X