A cast refractory oven from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cast refractory oven from the UK

I have been building this oven for some time now, but probably just an hour a month, internally it is 105cms in diameter (about 40") it is segmented into 8 interlocking pieces. I didn't know where was the correct place to post the photos so I posted them here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...day-16182.html

Thanks for looking

Re: A cast refractory oven from the UK

Looks superb. We need more UK builders...

Good luck - let me know if you need a hand lifting that big one...

James

Comment

Re: A cast refractory oven from the UK

Originally posted by jammyweb View Post
      Looks superb. We need more UK builders...

Good luck - let me know if you need a hand lifting that big one...

James
      All the segments weigh 50kgs or under except the bstard which is weighing in at around 120kgs, This is my 3rd build and the one I am most proud of, however the brick pompei was the quickest and easiest by far, 1 day..... I am not far from you, Weymouth area,
      I tried my hand on the uk oven forum but have been thrown off a few times. There was a section for advertising your skills so I offered my skills and was thrown off....then someone built ovens to sell on ebay (they are still for sale) I was throen off for slating the fact the chimney is at the op of the dome, pity those people who have baught them, so it's up to uncle sam...or james to allow me to communicate with fellow builders

Comment

Working...
      X