Neapolitan Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neapolitan Oven

I haven't documented my build here, but I thought you guys who haven't seen it elsewhere might like to see my home built Neapolitan oven in it's current state. The finishing touches like the broken tile mosaic it will be getting are going to wait until spring, but at this point with the stucco on I think you can tell what I am going for. I know it is very different then what most people here build, but I'm thrilled with it, I hope it is the highly refined pizza cooking machine I think it is.

Re: Neapolitan Oven

Hi Shuboyje,

I just saw your build on the PizzaMaking forum. That is one of the most interesting designs I've ever seen. I really like the hybrid cast/brick idea.

Nice job!
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Re: Neapolitan Oven

Thanks Ken. I really think the castings for the door and vent is the only way to go for this style of oven. The traditional materials aren't available here, importing them would cost a ton, and I'm still not sure they are a better option. I'm actually positive they aren't but don't want to say that until she has some pizzas under her belt.

Comment

Working...
      X