Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Oven

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/atta...1&d=1324918069
    This is a picture of an oven I purchased from a building supply company that is going out of business. They told me it had been in storage for many years and have no literature for it. Has any one seen this oven before? Ive searched the internet without any luck and my wife already thinks its a crazy idea to begin with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mystery Oven

Hi greetings from Wales UK.
    I am sorry that I have not seen this type of oven before but I think the oven looks like a modular oven similar to a barrel type oven. If the front opening is the oven mouth that puts the flue/chimney at the rear of the oven.
    Does anyone have a view on where the flue should be? I think that it should not be taking heat directly out of the oven, unless it can be shut once the fire is well developed. So I think a flue should be outside the oven space.
    Most designs I have seen have the flue outside the oven area or after the oven door, to take products of combustion away from the oven mouth.

Does the design intend the flue to be at the back of the oven space?
    You know from your training about compartment fires and how they can be vented from above, but if you want to manage the heat flow you will need to be able to stop up the flue or relocate it.
    I guess the only way you will find out about the oven, is to build it and work it & I guess you will have to consider a base and the insulation to keep in the heat and make the oven burn efficiently. This forum has all the info you will need.
    Are you working in the fire department? I retired last year after 33 years full time. best wishes Nick

Comment

Working...
    X