X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david s
    replied
    Re: Wet insulation under the stove

Yes, until they realized I had not been trying to sell through the forum. I inadvertently left my website on the profile page, like many others.
    I can't see any indication that Thickstrings is making more than one oven.
    Last edited by david s; 03-31-2013, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Who cares?
    Got you banned didnt it?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Are you boys making and selling ovens but havent quite got it worked out properly yet and need our assistance?
    Who cares? If it means more WFO users and better ovens, then isn't everyone a winner?

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by thickstrings View Post
    Ideas? thanks
    Are you boys making and selling ovens but havent quite got it worked out properly yet and need our assistance?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Forget doing pizza and just fire it up gently, cooking and baking with the retained heat. It will dry. A hand held to the outside should indicate if the insulation space between the inner and outer shells is moist. Hot if it's moist, cosy warm if it's dry.The underfloor moisture is harder to get rid of and more difficult to tell when it's dry, because the supporting slab it sits on is way thicker than the outer shell. I had thought of using a garden moisture meter in the insulation spaces, but probably more trouble than it's worth.

Leave a comment:

• thickstrings
    started a topic Wet insulation under the stove

Wet insulation under the stove

I have recently started to work on my oven again and, apparently, a rub hole had formed in my tarp and rain got in, now the insulation under the floor is wet...Just keep building and burning and leave a place for the steam to go? Put a heat source under the slab in the wood box hole? The insulation board underneath is 2" thick...Ideas? thanks
Working...
X