External Firebox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: External Firebox

That could simply result in producing a lot of smoke. I'm not saying your idea is no good, on the contrary I think you should try it, but maybe on a small scale with materials that can be reused, to prove its viability.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Re: External Firebox

Originally posted by david s View Post
      That could simply result in producing a lot of smoke. I'm not saying your idea is no good, on the contrary I think you should try it, but maybe on a small scale with materials that can be reused, to prove its viability.
      David i didn't say i'll close compenlty the air, redusing the air until a small flame is on, i have a high efficiancy fireplace that works that way, you sure are right about small scaling the whole project, actually i will make a solidworks model and simulate the whole think before even try it at a small scale.
      The materials i'll use for the small scale is Cob as a firebox, two wall tubes and a 2cm stainless steel cut at the right size for fitting to my door.
      Let's not forget that many ovens has firebox to the one side of the door and the chimney to the other.I really don't see any reason that this should not work but sometimes we miss things that are pretty obvious!

Comment

Working...
      X