Fakin' It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakin' It

I saw something on Pinterest that I'm planning to try - eventually. They took 2 - 8 (depending on size) unglazed terra cotta (ceramic?) floor tiles and put one (or four) on the top rack and one (or four) on the bottom of a regular oven. Cranked it to 500F and heated for 45 minutes before using the bottom on as a pizza stone. Said it did really well.

Anyone try this or something similar?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Fakin' It

I have heard of people using firebrick with the same method with good results.
    Chip

Comment

Cool! Thanks - I'll definitely be giving it a try then.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

See; http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f24/...eel-18716.html

If you have access you might try a 1/4" piece of sheet steel. Industrial metal supply places have remnants from other projects and they're not expensive. Allow at least an inch space on all sides for air flow and more even heating. I sanded the edges till soft, washed the plate in the dishwasher, by itself, scrubbed off the rust and seasoned the plate in the oven with a very light coat of oil to seal....

Chris

Comment

I'll keep an eye out. Maybe one of the guys I know who make armor can point me to a supplier.

Thanks.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X