Pedicab Tricycle Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedicab Tricycle Oven

I realize each state is different but are you sure your environmentalist is looking at the right regs? Most states make some allowances for mobile vendors (greywater tanks? Seriously?).

Forget the oven - your water is gonna cause more trouble, weight wise.

Honestly, a dishroom is what you need - which would be a separate trailer.

Sigh, okay, for the possibly helpful suggestions:

Tanks: check with the local coops - you'd be amazed how much water related equipment farms/ranches use. Probably can find a decent water pump there, too.

Solar: I'd also check with the coop - some big outfits have started using solar for more distant water pumps - maybe there's an existing solution to the problem. With any luck, a used version might be available once you know what to look for.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

You might need to deploy a squad of tricycles to set up a pizza kitchen. I do not see that as a bad thing, really, 3 tricycles, three people to work it. You have your oven trike, your prep trike, and your storage/cleanup trike.

For the oven trike, you will probably want to go with a small segmented cast oven and plenty of insulation all around. Pre-fire it, door it, then light it again when you get where you are going. That much less wood you have to hump.

For the prep trike, you need coolers for dough and ingredients, so mainly bulk over weight.

Storage/cleanup will need the sinks and the water storage, I would figure out a way to hang the fresh water tanks upon arrival, gravity is your friend.

Comment

Maybe you could have a whole team of cyclists rigged up to a harness to drag the whole thing like a dog sled team!
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Maybe a pizza oven set up is to heavy for a tricycle and some other food would be a better option,if the tricycle part is important.
          Or a different way of moving an oven if the pizza part is important.
          A friend has just built a big trailer kitchen pizza trailer.
          It has an inbuilt cool room because every vendor he talked to said the biggest problem was getting enough supplies when you hit a gold mine location.
          He is now in the process of turning his shed into a commercial kitchen so he can close the loop of food prep.
          It involves a $15,000 sewage system to make it legal.
          So he is now considering if pizza is going to be the best way to make the most and easiest money from his investment.
          He has no emotional attachment to any particular food group,just business money and lifestyle.

Comment

Mark if you haven't committed yourself to the steel shell (bomb you spoke of) here is a link to a location where you can purchase a small spherical steel decommissioned propane tank.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/48...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

I communicated with John of Dented Bouy and so know you are located not far from where I live. The Google satellite photo shows about 8 of the tanks remaining (about 30+ inches in diameter). Back when I spoke with the owner he wanted $165 each for them. Each tank would make two ovens. I discovered this stash while riding the Olympic Discovery Trail a couple years back. The trail runs along the old railway right-of-way along the back of the property. At that time the owner was in the propane business but ground view now would indicate he may now be renting equipment.

The approximate address is 931 Carlsborg Rd. 98382

Hope this helps,
            Wiley

Comment

I hope you are content with what you already have mentioned regarding equipment on your tricycle, I mean that is enough for a tricycle to endure. Isn't it?

Still, I believe that it is not impossible to compact all what you have mentioned into one tricycle. The main concern is weight/space savings.

I would first recommend a steel dome oven. It is lighter, vibration resistant, and more space saving too. A steel chamber made of 14-gauge steel is possible and is used by the Forno Bravo manufacturing their Bella oven. Both igloo and barrel are possible but try to minimize the hearth as much as it is still convenient to work with.

Using 14-gauge steel will save 2-4" all around the hearth compared to bricks or refractory, not to mention the consequent weight savings. I don't think cladding is an option in your case. You may be going with the ceramic blanket right over the steel dome. I would suggest the hearth to be 14-gauge steel too, welded together with the dome, and covered with a thin layer of bricks just to protect the pizzas from being burned. The steel hearth welded to the dome will recharge the bricks with heat by conduction besides radiation from the dome.

This may be an oven with the minimum space and weight possible yet the most possible functionality; you will be missing heat retention, but this must be the price to pay for your custom needs, all the other advantages of a WFO will not be affected IMHO. I'm just building an oven very similar to what I described above. It is an igloo shape. You can easier go with a barrel vault but the first saves more space.

I would suggest using all possible space especially under the oven and stuff it with the MOST HEAVY equipment like water tanks, pumps, or even a small fridge in order to lower the center of gravity to make the ride more safe. Use the space over the oven too, you can store the light things there like wood.

Think "convertible"; use convertible tables, convertible sinks (Yes Convertible sinks with flexible pipes), convertible roofs as much as possible to keep your design elegant. Your "vehicle" doesn't necessarily need to stay a vehicle once it parks and unfolds for operation.

I don't know what is the available space on your tricycle for your mobile kitchen, but I believe that all the equipment can be equipped on your tricycle. and it can still be driven and operated by the very same person. I'll be posting any helpful ideas as soon as I have.
              Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
              I forgot who said that.

Comment

Working...
              X