No announcement yet.

Relatively Lightweight Refractory Cement oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As your oven is smal (28-32") you may as well mix it in a barrow. Don't mix up more than one bag at a time though as the stuff goes off very fast. If the weather is hot make sure your barrow, or mixer, is cool and use chilled water.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Barton View Post

I have this exact mixer and assembled it about 3 weeks ago. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Yes, the instructions are nearly worthless, but its not a very complicated machine so that helps.
      You'll need some gasket in a tube stuff (Permatex) and I'd recommend some Loctite on the threads of some bolts.
      This thing sure beats mixing everything in a wheel barrow.
      Well, I've been at a for awhile. The parts I got for hardware fasteners don't nearly match. For example to attach the two internal blades, it states:
      "Fasten pointed ends of Mixer Blades to Lower Drum using .....seal gaskets (#56). Parts list for #56 shows there should be 18 of these. I don't see that I got any! Are these necessary? The attachment of these blades seems very wonky.

I found a youtube of a guy putting one together that is slightly different (his came with a bunch of individual bags numbered for each step). Looks like the very thin washers are what they are calling seal gaskets. I'm going to copy his build on that one. In fact, I did something, so back outside to see if I need to redo it! Thanks.
      Last edited by cnegrelli; 04-30-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I bought my mixer on Easter Sunday and spent 3 hours putting it together. $150 for a mixer is cheap - 3 hours of assembly sure raises the cost. I am going to try and at least get my $150 back when I sell it. Definitely watch the Youtube for putting it together. I took my time and seperated the bolts and was diligent about using the noted fastener in each step - still ended up short of some and extras of others. I've got it together - and yes, the blade are very confusing.

Comment

Got it done, and shouldn't have tried to correlate the fasteners to what the instructions parts list had. That list was nonsense. I decided to put it together and see how far I got and I ended up with a few extra bolts and short one nut, which I had a spare for. AWFUL directions. Will plug it in and watch it explode tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by cnegrelli View Post
            Got it done, and shouldn't have tried to correlate the fasteners to what the instructions parts list had. That list was nonsense. I decided to put it together and see how far I got and I ended up with a few extra bolts and short one nut, which I had a spare for. AWFUL directions. Will plug it in and watch it explode tomorrow!
            Glad you got it together.

Comment

Working...
            X