DIY gas hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY gas hookup

so i'm building out my Pizza Oven (pompei design) using many Forno Bravo accessories (and thanks to Anthony for guidance on the floor) ... i have natural gas piped in to the area so i plan on bringing the gas line into the dome ... since it's already in the area i might as well use it. I plan to cook with wood, just want to have it as a back up. Question as far as what burners to use inside the dome? Was thinking of using 2 17" burner pipe (made of low carbon steel, similar to what i use in my gas fireplace), T'd off in opposite directions and hugging the walls so as not to take up too much floor space (see attached drawing). Anyone have experience with this? Any thoughts appreciated. Many thanks, JP

The subject of gas comes up and until recently we did not discuss on the forum due to safety issues. That said, the Forno Bravo people now offer a natural gas burner option that is UL certified. I would suggest you contact them. I came from the natural gas industry and I would want to make sure what ever gas burners I added to an oven were UL certified, with the appropriate flame check valve installed as well as installed by a license plumber, IMHO.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
    X