54" Oven and Fireplace Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54" Oven and Fireplace Combo

Here is the layout I am planning for my fire place WBO combo. I know there was talk in the past for ideas to better utilize the space under the WBO. I am doing a big WBO at 54”” (I might scale it down to 48-ish but I want to be able to do three pizzas at a time). This design should be able to be scaled down some. The layout photo shows the wood storage on both sides and the fire place in the front. Framing out the support for the hearth pour will be interesting

I am still working on the base but will I will be getting the rest of the blocks to finish it up and get ready for the hearth pour in the next couple weeks.

Any input to improve the design to vent the chimney would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chef Ryan; 07-30-2018, 08:51 PM.

Hi Chef Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post to a new topic.(That thread was pretty old) Hopefully you will get more exposure in a new thread. Photo sizes are currently limited to 1.5 MB. There may be some changes be in the future. Also, there may a problem with the file name of the pics that you captured from the youtube video. Try doing a "file save as" and then upload the copy from you ipad.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

One of my original designs was for a fireplace underneath the WFO. When I changed location and the orientation of the WFO, I abandoned the dual use function, as the fireplace opening would have been 90-degrees to our sitting area site lines.

Although I considered it, I always saw the dual use as a flawed design with regards to my personal aesthetics. For me the working height of the WFO floor is the limiting design factor, and even though I managed to design a fairly robust vertical opening for the fireplace, it was still just...too...small. I could have pulled off the build, but even though the fireplace opening was a proper and decent size, I knew that because of the scale of my outdoor space, I'd always consider the fireplace opening to be undersized for my area and it would always grate at me. Yup. It's personal. lol

My changed outdoor kitchen design now has a separate rotisserie platform, about 3' deep by 8' long, for rotisserie roasting. I'll have my "open fires" on top of that platform.

I may have rough drawings of my original design somewhere, but my plan had dual flues for the fireplace, one on each side of the fireplace, those two flues came up though the WFO hearth slab along each side of the WFO's vent arch. Above the vent arch they combined into a single chimney flue. The fireplace "ceiling" (the underside of the WFO slab) was shaped as a shallow gull wing "V" to coax airflow to the two side flues.

Because of the different draw requirements, the large single chimney above the WFO held two flues, each sized for the respective venting applications. One for the WFO, and another that combined the flow coming from the two fireplace flues.

Good luck with your build!
      Mongo

My Build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-42-ct-build

Comment

54 or 48" ovens are still really big is you want to be able to do "3 pizzas at a time" . Mine is a 42" and I can do 3 at a time but I have to be really on the stick and watch carefully at 700F, it is not a space issue, the pies cook really fast and not paying attention they burn quickly and three is "my" max I can watch even though I probably have room for 4. There are times I wish my oven was not so large, ie smaller group or smaller dinners. I does take a lot more wood and time to heat saturate large ovens. There have been a few combo WFO and fireplace units proposed on the forum but we never seem to get feedback how of if they work well or bad.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Utahbeehiver I have been taking time laps video of the build so I will make sure to post some good photos/videos at the end for anyone that has ideas to improve the concept for future WBOs

Comment

Working...
          X