How I build my perlite/cement pizza oven with gymball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I build my perlite/cement pizza oven with gymball

Hi guys, I uploaded a video on youtube how I made my oven. Works really well, gets fast on temperature and haven't had any issues yet after firing the oven up for more than 10 times. I have a terracotta tile floor.

Hi Dimitri,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your topic to Other Oven Types due to the material from which it is made.

I am very afraid that the portland cement will degrade and that the perlite will be falling on to your pizza, a little at a time .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Good effort, hopefully it will encourage you to build an insulated refactory version for the next one.
      Please keep us informed as to how long this one last, 10 fires sounds pretty good already!
      Do you know how hot the oven is getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        Hi Dimitri,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your topic to Other Oven Types due to the material from which it is made.

I am very afraid that the portland cement will degrade and that the perlite will be falling on to your pizza, a little at a time .
        Thank you Joe, so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by fox View Post
          Good effort, hopefully it will encourage you to build an insulated refactory version for the next one.
          Please keep us informed as to how long this one last, 10 fires sounds pretty good already!
          Do you know how hot the oven is getting?
          Hi Fox, thanks. I had such a hard time to find the refractory and they wouldn't sell it to me, and I couldn't wait. I am myself impressed with my result. I also think that the soot from starting up fires helps to make a shell into the interior of the dome. Outside the oven I can put my hand on it right above a fierce flame and not feel a thing. I don't have a temp gauge, but i do now that I am where I need to be (500C)+

Comment

Working...
          X