Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homebrew 3:1:1:1 - How to work out how much material to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for putting the info together Mark, all looks pretty good.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great spreadsheet for those looking at a cast oven. It will be interesting to see how the numbers work out at the end of the project.
      Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 04-07-2020, 05:42 PM.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi all, im trying to upload the spreadsheet as an attachment but it doesnt support .xlsx or.xls files. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 4stroker View Post
          Hi all, im trying to upload the spreadsheet as an attachment but it doesnt support .xlsx or.xls files. Any other ideas?
          Can you convert the file to a pdf? Really way beyond my IT capabilities for appropriate advice, try Gulf

Comment

If I remember right you can zip the file then upload it. Do you know how to do that? I either use winzip or now I think it is part of windows 10.
            My build thread
            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Mark, if you are using Windows 10, simply open up File Explorer (I use the windows key+e), right click on your Excel spreadsheet file and hoover your mouse over Send To (about 3/4 of the way down the list). In the new list that appears, there is a choice to make a compressed (zipped) folder. Choose that and your spreadsheet will be highlighted with the option to change the file name or just accept the zip file name shown. By default, it should then appear right next to your source spreadsheet (same filename, just with the zip extension). That zipped file should be up-loadable as an attachment to a post.
              Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
              Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
              Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
              Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks all, try this.

If anyone finds any errors or issues, please let me know and I will fix.

Unfortunately thanks to Covid-19 I think it will be some time before I "road-test" these calcs...
                Attached Files

Comment

I can also add a column/tab for imperial/US units.

What units would you guys want? inches/cubic feet (or gallons?)/pounds?

Comment

Thanks all, try this.

If anyone finds any errors or issues, please let me know and I will fix.

Unfortunately thanks to Covid-19 I think it will be some time before I "road-test" these calcs...
                    Hi 4stroker, thanks for uploading this file, super helpful as I was just researching how to make homebrew.

Unfortunately I can't edit the yellow fields in your file, it prompts me for a password :/, any suggestion?

Comment

i agree, epic work guys. reading how you two worked together to pull up this really helpfull spread sheet was great to read.. ill be using you calculations for sure.. just one question, can i use the same mix to cast the oven floor??

Comment

I have not seen successful use of homebrew usage for floors but fine for the dome. Fire bricks are use on the floor section. But you may want to check with David S, he is our casting expert.
                        Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 05-04-2020, 07:22 AM.
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Utah is right, homebrew is not suitable for the floor.use firebricks preferably loose laid.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I've uploaded an unprotected version of the spreadsheet now
                            Attached Files

Comment

This thread really needs to be a sticky!

Comment

I can also add a column/tab for imperial/US units.

What units would you guys want? inches/cubic feet (or gallons?)/pounds?
                                Stroker, it would be awesome if you could make it cubic feet and pounds for material. Is the current metric version able to change the variables? I tried and it said I needed a password. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X