42" all steel oven with welded steel base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42" all steel oven with welded steel base

I bought a 42" wide 18" tall pressurized air tank top 3/8" steel for $100... already have 2 10' crazy heavy pipes for the legs.... a local welding shop can bend a 6" tall ring of 1/4" to fit base of dome... and do a 48" 1/4" round base all for $400 so just need to figure arch for door, door and what exhaust pipe to use... then weld it together.... use brick or tile for inside floor? and cut to fit before welding dome on? any advice would be awesome thanks so much.

should I make the ring taller to add height? is just layer of brick enough for base? what would be the best height for the dome? thanks
    Last edited by B Valiant; 04-17-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know of a forum for building pizza ovens where people might know the answerers to these questions? any good ones? thanks, Bryan

Comment

Try doing a search for the BBQ Brethren forum. I haven’t visited the forum in a couple of years, but there was a couple being built and documented back then.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I looked at and joined the BBQ one but do you know of any other pizza oven sites? maybe with brick and alternative ovens? more home made not just mostly kits.... I wonder if I could call the forno bravo people and get advice and buy my floor and other materials from them.

Comment

There are a few builds on this site which used steel that you could search for. There are also, some groups on Facebook that have some aternate oven types. Try searching for "wood fired ovens". But, like Pinterest it has a lot of BS that just doesn't work in the real world. You mentioned questions about diminsions in your op. The same 63% reccomendation for door opening height should work for both. The door opening width is not quite as important. Forno Bravo can sell you the proper oven floor brick, floor, and dome insulation. You may be able to source those a lttle cheaper locally, though, shipping is always a factor. You may want to look at Forno Bravo's Pompeii oven plans before you proceed. Do some research on this site. You may decide to build your oven right and use the tank for a BBQ or smoker.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
            X