Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daveholdn View Post
    Hi Nick,

I've been following your build and looks really good. I'm at the stage now of waiting for a bit of decent weather to build the sandcastle and get casting, I'm under 30" pizza cast Scotland thread . I've a wee question if you don't mind, reference the gallery. Did you cast the same thickness of homebrew for the gallery as you did for the dome, or was it a little thinner for the flue gallery?
    Cheers.
    pretty much the same....primarily for strength.... good luck with yours

Comment

• Nick J C thanks for the reply, I thought as much, just read other people had made it slightly thinner, but I'll go with the same thickness throughout.

Cheers again.

Comment

• timelapse of lime cement render

Comment

• Looking good Nick J C
          My cast oven build thread

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-castable-dome

Comment

• Just successfully completed the big lift.... Roof structure onto platform..... Will be using clay tiles reclaimed from when I had our house retiled as I have a very large stock and looking for somewhere to put them.

Comment

• Nice job. If you can, show some detail of the flashing/waterproofing of your pipe when you get to it.
              - George

My Build
              https://community.fornobravo.com/for...mente-ca-build

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick J C View Post
                Just successfully completed the big lift.... Roof structure onto platform..... Will be using clay tiles reclaimed from when I had our house retiled as I have a very large stock and looking for somewhere to put them.
                Looks amazing, great job

Comment

• Hi Nick. You're oven looks great. Far better than my initial plans. Can you tell me the width of the slab you're oven sits on? I only have 1100mm to work with unless I do an overhang which i'd really prefer not to do. Had planned an 800mm oven too.

Comment

• Mine is 1.3m wide and has around 25mm space on each side

Comment

• Ok thanks Nick J C , and for all the info. It's very helpful. I may need to reduce dome size or find more space. Silly question but it looks like there is a lintel under the slab in your plans but couldn't see it in the pictures. Did you pour the slab directly on the aqua panel with the wooden framework underneath or is there a lintel in there too.

Comment

• Didn't use a lintel in the end as I was advised by an engineer that the reinforced slab was sufficient

Comment

• First side of roof tiled with reclaimed clay tiles from my house. Planning on flashing the flue with lead, so will need to develop some lead welding skills

Comment

• Work completed on the ventilation for the oven to allow moisture out. Made from a short length of copper pipe with holes drilled to maximise surface area for moisture to get out. Imbedded in Vermicrete layer, and just proud of final render coat. 3D printed this cap to go on the top, which my 12 year old, Will, designed, drew up and printed (he is way better than me at cad). Will paint same color as dome so should be barely visible.

Comment

• Kids now a days are born with an Ipad attached to them, me and old school engineer still use a #2 pencil and graft paper...LOL. .

You did a nice job on you cast build. I reference your thread to other builders wanting to do a cast oven.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• yes, I showed him how to use the CAD programme, and he was better than me within a day! Thanks to the forum, and you/David in particular for your help/advice - both on this thread and in the vast wider resource here.

Comment

Working...
                                X