Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david s
    replied
    Sorry, I don’t understand your question. Could you post a sketch?

Leave a comment:

• Shocks@@123
    replied
    Cheers David and Russel for your informative posts,

I will grind a v in to the cracks and repair in fire cement, put the ceramic blanket and chicken wire on, then vermicrete
    Another question I have, I have a stainless steel twin wall flue, do you need to seal the insulation section of the flue from the smoke or will it be ok,. I only have the 1m flue

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    "Used the castable mix",

If you used a proprietary castable refractory the fibres should be already in the mix. If you used the homebrew castable without the fibres then the damage is probably due to the lack of them combined with too fast on the water elimination. Hard to say, what does it look like on the inside? Also, if you fired the inner oven without any insulation applied over it the risk of cracking is increased. As it's a dome form, even with cracks it won't collapse so it may still operate fine.

Leave a comment:

• Shocks@@123
    replied
    Hi

Used the castable mix, sand, cement, clay and lime, used the stainless steel needles, couldn't find the fibres in Ireland, mixed in correctly and tried to maintain 50mm thick everywhere

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Really hard to comment without knowing how the oven was construction, materials, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Shocks@@123
    started a topic Can she be brought back from the brink

Can she be brought back from the brink

Hi guys

Will let the photos go the talking, can she be saved

Followed your mix, let it sit for a week before any fired, good drying weather
Working...
X