Rabbit Hole HBC Pizza Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit Hole HBC Pizza Over

About two weeks ago I decided to step up my frozen pizza game by buying a pizza stone. After I bought one, Amazon added the Roccbox oven to my recommendations, and that started my journey down the rabbit hole..

As someone who hasn't even baked their first homemade pizza I do not want to build a temple to the pizza gods just yet. The portable ovens are fascinating but they are expensive and may have compromises to suit retail purposes, such as design for portability. An appealing factor is the possibility of using the high temps to sear steaks.

The oven that comes closest to what I would like is the Ooni Pro. It looks like an excellent portable oven. I really like the option of feeding firewood from the rear. The price is a bit high for me, and hopefully a few of the design compromises can be improved. I would like to make the oven easily movable by two people, and relatively strong to resist damage during moving. Would the design in the attached pictures work? How can it be improved? Thanks!

Moveable by 2 people? If that is one of your design requirements, you might want to calculate all of the materials that will be used in the build and attempt to total their combined weights. I believe most ovens are quite heavy but I will leave those comments to the “elders” on the forum.

I too have headed down this “rabbit hole” of pizza ovens. It is going to be a long, fun and delicious journey!
    My newbie build thread: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ie-ready-to-go

Comment

Working...
    X