Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cob Ovens

Hey everyone!

I have been a Forno Bravo reader for years! I love this forum, it provides a great place for the community to connect and help each other. I have been an earthen oven course instructor for over 7 years in Vermont and I just moved to Switzerland. I decided to build a website dedicated to spreading my knowledge and to hopefully build a similar community around clay ovens. My site is ovensdiy.com. I would love to get any feedback possible. If there are earthen oven enthusiasts on here, please visit my new site and thinking about helping me kick off my new forum with a post! Much respect for the community here! Keep those wood fires blazing and bake on! Will Bode
    Check out my ovens page -
    https://www.facebook.com/BodeEarthOvens?ref=hl

Hello Will. Prior to building my current "brick" oven (still working on it) I had built a cob oven. I had watched 3 videos by Sigi Koko from Building Naturally. Watched them over and over. Also read Kiko Denzer's book. At the time I don't remember there being much more out there than those resources. Your site is beautifully designed, clean and well done. Easy to navigate and informative. One thing I can suggest (and maybe it's already there and I missed it), a completed oven "photo gallery" page is always good for reference. I loved my cob oven and used it very much for 3 years or so. We live in a really moist environment and unfortunately the oven was constantly soaking up all that moisture and one day, sadly, it collapsed. I vowed my next oven would be made of brick (3 little pigs thing). The cob oven, to build, was a fraction of what it cost me to build my brick oven. Looking at the pictures on your site brought back some fond memories of stomping around in the cob mud on the tarp. Good luck with your site and your new home. I've attached a couple of pix from my cob oven.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	433258 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	433259
    John

"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"- Churchill

Comment

Working...
    X